• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gone Girl

Qre:us

I admired her meticulousness, although she is obviously a pretty sick bitch.

I found the record scratch in the narrative when she got robbed in the motel by her newly-made "friends" and how she got robbed. Perhaps she was spiraling out of control? But, either way, given that I also saw her as so meticulous, it seemed like a ridiculously shallow slip-up for her to make. It irked me, almost as if out of character/flow.

Good performances from Rosamund Pike, Ben Affleck and Tyler Perry and the guy from how I met your mother :D I really liked the ending to, rosamund was genuinely scary. :)

Rosammund Pike took you into her character's psyche, which was the crux of the film. She blew that role out of the water.

Ben Affleck was forgettable. His role was weak, his character making no lasting impression. He basically got swallowed, overshadowed, by the power that Pike brought to the screen. I really don't think he owned that character, in any real way.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found the record scratch in the narrative when she got robbed in the motel by her newly-made "friends" and how she got robbed. Perhaps she was spiraling out of control? But, either way, given that I also saw her as so meticulous, it seemed like a ridiculously shallow slip-up for her to make. It irked me, almost as if out of character/flow.

she was meticulous, but also used to an affluent/upper middle class life, and didn't really have the street smarts necessary to anticipate that kind of thing.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] which one is yout hero? The animated character or the sick-bitch?

I was admiring her too until i realized that she has done this before.

Also it was a good reminder to me as to the punishment having to fit the crime and that there are two sides to every story.

Some Sri Lankan guy tagged me, perhaps to learn whether I liked the film. I did. Yes, I did. I admired her meticulousness, although she is obviously a pretty sick bitch.

Lolz i wanted to see whether you have any or much complaints about it.

----

Does anyone know what amy's mbti and etype is? Could she be an unhealthy 4w5 who has disintergrated to a 2?

Don't kill me jennifer for turning this into a type thread.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hollywood please make movies with better scripts than spending more money on graphics and 3D.

Get a few famous actors if you want to sell it. That seems to work all the time.

Edit -

I was half expecting Jennifer and Arctic to have watched the movie and liked it. Pinky swear.

^ Agreed Arctic agreed. I don't recall the names but I know I have seen one or two movies like that before.
Re: the bolded
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION], [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] -- I haven't seen the movie, and don't intend to, so I personally don't mind spoilers if you need spoiler tags to answer me...but does this movie (or the female lead)
bear any resemblance to Body Heat (William Hurt / Kathleen Turner) ?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
does this movie (or the female lead)
bear any resemblance to Body Heat (William Hurt / Kathleen Turner) ?

I don't know. I actually never have seen that movie (although I'm well acquainted with those two actors).

EDIT: I read the description on Wiki and Body Heat had so many characters it seemed a little confusing to track. There are pieces that are similar but not really what happens in that movie at all. In Gone Girl, the active cast seems smaller. The gist is that a man's wife goes missing; our perspective is that he is innocent, but then little things start happening that suggest maybe he might have actually killed her.... and things move forward from there.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only 9 replies?

Haha, I'm surprised I hadn't responded to this earlier. I've ranted about how much I enjoyed it elsewhere on the forum. Don't remember the last time I identified this much with a movie character. So yeah, I'm totally okay with 4w5 for Amy.

pizzathegreat

MBTI Type
BORK
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought the movie was alright. I thought it was too predictable to recommend it, though. They gave all the answers every step of the way while poorly trying to convince you otherwise.