• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Is The Closest To Being My Autobiography That You Will Ever See

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Read it now just in case Photobucket deletes it!!!!!!!!!

*Disclaimer: I did not write or draw this story. The main character (Robert) isn't me, he doesn't LOOK like me at all (I look more like his philosophizing brother Charles, but I felt as if I looked like Robert). They are both about 20 years older than me. But in many ways I identify with both of their lives, perhaps because Robert (the artist) is a type 4 and Charles (the philosopher) is a type 5.

For those who will want to know what this is for, it's purpose is to reveal typological destiny.

I did do some walking of the streets and mulling over my destiny as an older teen:

1_zpsd5156792.png

The angst of the lonely, depressed teenage male:

2_zpsaff16f16.png

The panel below represents how I felt as a teenager. I didn't walk around all clenched up like that, but I don't suppose Robert did either.

2a_zps84061a79.png

I didn't share a bedroom, and my father wasn't a tough marine...

3_zps22b6c4dd.png

Although I didn't have an older brother to pal around with (I had an older brother but not the type to pal around with), Charles in this panel could easily represent one of my friends at the time. We were kind of philosophical together like this...

4_zps7de38a12.png

I often felt like a throwback to an earlier, simpler and even naive era, pre-1960s.

5_zpsf61b7bbb.png

My view of females at that time - psychologically aloof, present and yet far away at the same time...

6edit_zps62365960.png

The next 2.5 panels remind me of how frightening and 'far away' females were to me at the time...

7_zps2abecf08.png

8_zpsfac8ae4d.png

This frame came out smaller than the others...

9_zps743009a5.png

Interesting lucid dream. I still have them...

9a_zps9179d44c.png
9b_zps1742249e.png

...I memorized some Shakespeare and other literature... But I didn't have to get drunk to recite it, and when I did get drunk I certainly didn't drink that disgusting wine

9c_zps8449851f.png

9d_zps6c32c40c.png

Notice how Fe-inferior INTP Charles is in this frame:

9e_zps4882e4da.png

9f_zps9b462c3f.png

I attended some church with a friend. It wasn't a holy roller church like this one was, but I felt just as out of place as they do...

9g_zpseea85ee5.png

9h_zpsf5ed3f4a.png

"Hopelessly repressed," haha...

9j_zpsb233c739.png

1950s Grandmother reminds me of my mother-in-law today...

9k_zpsd0437588.png

9L_zps1db69aa8.png

9M_zps59bdbc2a.png

...I identify with the memory of writhing, reeking cigarette smoke. It was always everywhere. Robert and I share the virtuous quality of being non-smokers for life.

9N_zps1b17b1aa.png

My parents weren't like this at all. Living at home really sucked... but yeah, this is definitely crazier than anything I went through...

9o_zpsdc705f2e.png

Thank God our holidays weren't horrific like his were...

9p_zpsb20d22a6.png

I had a lot of these moments. And I know certain members of this forum would enjoy goading me into it...
9q_zps13f93c15.png

Robert got out on his own a year out of high school. It took me a couple years longer. But I feel more like his brother Charles, the E5 philosophizer whose life never really began, and who committed suicide at the age of 50. I actually got my act together, but it sounds like Charles never did. (Edit - Charles was probably a schizophrenic, unlike me.)

Notice in this frame how different this new friend is from Charles, typologically speaking...

9r_zps77e57c1a.png

I still don't feel like I fit in anywhere. But I survived!

9s_zps20328872.png

Last edited:
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The parts of that cartoon i related to were the social isolation, and at times, putting too much self-esteem into whether or not I had a woman/women. I'm an extrovert, but perhaps the pickiest of the extroverts when it comes to finding my "tribe" or group of friends.

Ha, and at 30, hearing "Youth is a time for action!" from the marine dad, I think he was probably right. I squandered much of mine.

Crumb is the bomb. I was actually a little confused at first cuz his brother is Charles, and I was thinking Charles Bukowski, cuz they collaborated on several things.

Good doo-doo.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The parts of that cartoon i related to were the social isolation, and at times, putting too much self-esteem into whether or not I had a woman/women. I'm an extrovert, but perhaps the pickiest of the extroverts when it comes to finding my "tribe" or group of friends.

Ha, and at 30, hearing "Youth is a time for action!" from the marine dad, I think he was probably right. I squandered much of mine.

It should also be a parent's duty to give the child a sense of direction. Some good role-modeling would also help. My ISFJ father wasn't a marine in any sense - he was 4f - but he was all about putting on a false front for society just like they were in the cartoon. He knew everything about what society expected to see from a family, but he knew exactly nothing about his family's needs, wants, and desires. And so, for example, he would commonly give money as a gift at holidays, which is okay of course, but it indicated that he didn't want to put any thought into a gift. This got him in trouble one time, when he gave a girlfriend of his (post-divorce) money for her birthday. This made her feel like a whore. He didn't understand that. He thought money was a catch-all solution to the problem of gift-giving. So his people-pleasing methodology didn't always work out. Both of my parents were too aloof. And in the cartoon, both parents were too busy tending to their own needs, either the mother's mental illness or the father being away from home most of the time working two jobs so he could avoid the craziness of his home life.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the documentary that I mentioned, by 1994 the brother Charles is a shut-in living at home peaceably with the mother.

"Can you give me one good reason for leaving the house?" - Charles Crumb, social iconoclast.