• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why The End Of The Harry Potter Saga Was Weak

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry Potter and the Revelation of Meh.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry Potter and the Revelation of Meh.

And resurrection is a 2000 year old meme. Besides, if Harry can do it, why can't he do it for his friends and family in Potter Heaven?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And resurrection is a 2000 year old meme. If Harry can do it, why can't he do it for his friends and family in Potter Heaven?

From the movies, I got the idea it was part of the particular circumstances of Harry (which I won't spoil here), not some kind of innate power he had to raise the dead.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the movies, I got the idea it was part of the particular circumstances of Harry (which I won't spoil here), not some kind of innate power he had to raise the dead.

That would be like spoiling the ending to Lord of the Rings, or revealing who is John Galt. Everybody knows it by now. Harry's innate(?) power to raise himself from the dead has nary a cause nor back-story. It's just the latest of the new powers, such as time travel, that the author keeps revealing throughout the books.

Compare that plot device to one in a science fiction book, where suddenly a black hole appeared that nobody knew about and destroyed the bad guy at the end of the book, thus saving the day.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That would be like spoiling the ending to Lord of the Rings, or revealing who is John Galt.

Who the hell is John Galt?
(and where the hell is Carmen Sandiego?)

Lord of the Rings spoilers:

Everybody knows it by now. Harry's innate(?) power to raise himself from the dead has nary a cause nor back-story. It's just the latest of the new powers, such as time travel, that the author keeps revealing throughout the books.

The movies didn't handle it that way, so if she handled it differently in the book, I think that's a huge error... kind of a deus ex machina flaw.

Compare that plot device to one in a science fiction book, where suddenly a black hole appeared that nobody knew about and destroyed the bad guy at the end of the book, thus saving the day.

ha. Yes, I see you agree.
I hate that crap.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who the hell is John Galt?
(and where the hell is Carmen Sandiego?)

PS. Eventually Gimli and Legolas sail off to an exotic new land together... and thus ends the Fellowship of the Ring.

The movies didn't handle it that way, so if she handled it differently in the book, I think that's a huge error... kind of a deus ex machina flaw.

ha. Yes, I see you agree.
I hate that crap.

Viva Deus ex Machina! Harry Potter is now the Jesus of a new generation.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Viva Deus ex Machina! Harry Potter is now the Jesus of a new generation.

No, that was Neo.
Except he died / merged / exploded / got McAfee-wiped with Smith.

I mean, no, that's Justin Bieber.

Nicodemus

Of course Harry cannot resurrect himself. I believe to recall Gandalf the Purple even mentions somewhere early on that nobody else can, either.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course Harry cannot resurrect himself. I believe to recall Gandalf the Purple even mentions somewhere early on that nobody else can, either.

Jesus didn't resurrect Himself either, that was God's doing. At the end of the Potter series, God was reduced to the mere acts of sacrifice and love.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm skeptical.

* (It's from a fanfiction site.)

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So uh. If nobody can resurrect themselves, can't everyone just get someone else to do it?

Hey, I'm going to take on Voldemort. If I die, resurrect me. Thanks.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Shit theory man.

A theory that can be applied to any movie or book on the planet -

What if harry potter reality he isn't a wizard and all what happened is fantasy created in his head to get away from the dudleys.

He got inspired by the owl and a hobo named hagrid.