• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How To Make A Boring Movie Look Exciting [Fan-made Trailer]

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Excellent. They even did the whole 'shrill sound increasing and cutting abruptly to silence' bit.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dammit. Now I almost want to see that.

Can someone recut the movie to match the trailer?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dammit. Now I almost want to see that.

Can someone recut the movie to match the trailer?

There is a version on Youtube that uses Pink Floyd music as a backdrop.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like it. I think it's terrible and does injustice to the film.

Thanks for that. Your comment led me to click the youtube link above your post, which led me to notice a link to a b-grade movie in the right side recommendations panel, a movie that I've always wanted to see.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, I still haven't seen 2001. I should have spent the time I pissed away on World War Z watching that instead.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's always fascinating how easy it is to manipulate a film's message or whatever through reediting. It's often the case that Hollywood does this with films when they want to reach a particular market by making the film appear as something it is not. Anyone see the film Bug? This is a prime example. It's basically a psychological thriller, but the trailer made it look more or less like a straightforward creature feature.

A lot of great fan edits on youtube, by the way.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The 6 Most Hilariously Misleading Movie Trailers (cracked.com)

#3. Annapolis Was a Boxing Movie Promoted Like Top Gun

The Trailer:

James Franco joins the Naval Academy with dreams of flying planes and doing boat stuff. His superior officer doesn't like him, but Franco works to earn his respect. You've seen this movie before, only the first time it was Tom Cruise overcoming his personal flaws from behind the stick of a fighter jet:

It's all there -- conflict among the cadets, a sexy yet tough lady officer, and lots and lots of pushups. Planes fly, boats blow up ... it's pretty clear that if you liked Top Gun, you'll love Annapolis!

The Movie:

It's a boxing flick.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty soon, :explode:, the movies will just be, :explode:, the trailers. :explode: (Trying to keep the attention of :explode: the people who didn't :explode: object to the OP's :explode: assertion.) :explode: