Star Trek: Generations (1994) - IMDb
"Captain Picard, with the help of supposedly dead Captain Kirk, must stop a madman willing to murder on a planetary scale in order to enter an energy ribbon."
1. At the beginning of the movie, the Enterprise D is set to take a tour of the Earth's solar system. But then they receive a distress signal 3 light-years away. The Enterprise D is not yet fitted for such a task, and is the only star ship within rescue range. How can this be? You'd think that since they were in their home solar system [AKA Sector 001], there would be plenty of other ships available to mount a rescue.
2. Why send only Picard down to stop Soran? Even if this was part of some hostage exchange to bring back Geordi, they could have beamed Picard right back up again after Geordi was safely on board the Enterprise. Then they could have beamed down every red-shirt on the Enterprise.
3. Worf said it would take 11 seconds for Soran's rocket to reach the planet's sun. Was the sun only about as far away from the planet as a satellite? Or did the rocket have warp drive? If so, how did he manage to fit a warp drive into such a small unit? And even if it does have warp drive capability, why did it have to blast off with some propellant like a normal rocket?
4. The Klingon's had stolen knowledge of the Enterprise's shield frequency so they could shoot photon torpedoes or something through it. Previous episodes of ST:TNG show that the Enterprise can adjust shield frequencies to avoid this problem. However, Riker, who is in command of the Enterprise at this time, fails to rotate shield frequencies, a very well-known and common tactic to use in such situations. So is Riker a terrible captain, or does he have Deanna Troi's cleavage on his mind way too much?
5. Instead of overpowering the Klingon ship's shields using all the weapons available to them, Riker hatched some kind of devious plan involving plasma coils.(???)
6. Riker is arguably the best pilot on the Enterprise. Yet he sends Deanna (the ship's counselor) to pilot the ship, leading to the catastrophe of crash-landing the Enterprise saucer-section on the planet.
Power of the pussy?
7. When Picard enters the Nexus and meets Guinan's echo or whatever, she informs him that he can "go anywhere, any time." He chooses to go back to the mountaintop on Veridian 3 just before Soran destroyed the planet's sun. However, he could have chosen to return to a more propitious time in which to defeat Soran, such as in 10-forward on the Enterprise where they first had their congenial meeting. Soran would have been completely unprepared and would not have known what hit him. Or why.
8. Soran had no reason to kidnap Geordi. Although his plot-purpose was to ask Geordi all he knows about trilithium - a nuclear inhibitor and obviously the manner with which the star was destroyed - Soran had already successfully used his trilithium weapon on another star.