• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cinema is now over: Outcast

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Hollywood is done. I think it will no longer be possible to make a movie more perfect than this looks to be. It is miraculous that cinema somehow managed to withstand the sheer power of both Nicholas Cage and Hayden Christensen on the same screen. Can Nicholas Cage's "White Ghost" save China? Will I ever accept Christensen and Cage as Americans (or Canadians again), given their sheer skill at convincing me that they are medieval Englishmen? Will Hayden Christensen be able to reconcile with his tortured past? How can Hollywood justify its existence after the attainment of perfection? I will tolerate no man, nor woman, who dares question my prognostications of cinematic quality.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Words escape me.

I can only hope it's half as good as 47 Ronin. Keanu Reeves vs Hayden Christensen... who will be the victor?

EDIT: WAIT, IT'S IN 3D??

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this another white savoir film? :soapbox:

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I can't tell if everyone in here is being sarcastic. II'll assume so.

Nicodemus

I like looking at Hayden Christensen. I don't mind if there's a film wrapped around him.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Someone explain the mohawk to me, lol.

Looks pretty bad, but probably won't be bad enough for rifftrax. :(

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a strict NO TRAILERS rule, but the OP description sounds promising, so perhaps I'll take a trip to the movies sometime soon.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a strict NO TRAILERS rule, but the OP description sounds promising, so perhaps I'll take a trip to the movies sometime soon.

I recommend being heavily medicated, to ensure the richest maximum viewing experience.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recommend being heavily medicated, to ensure the richest maximum viewing experience.

Oh, I prefer to view films in their highest state of purity.. but.. we'll see. Good call.

Mole

Permabanned
Keanu Reeves vs Hayden Christensen... who will be the Victor?

Mole is always the Victor.

Who dare deny his antecedents?

For it is the Victor who writes the history.

So if you want your name spelt right, be nice to Mole.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keanu Reeves vs Hayden Christensen... who will be the Victor?

Mole is always the Victor.

Who dare deny his antecedents?

For it is the Victor who writes the history.

So if you want your name spelt right, be nice to Mole.

Keanu Reeves vs Hayden Christensen... who will be the Mole?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So many suspenseful orchestra shrills followed by single strums and complete silence then whispered poignant lines and then someone stabbing someone else

I think I counted five of those in that trailer.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So many suspenseful orchestra shrills followed by single strums and complete silence then whispered poignant lines and then someone stabbing someone else

I think I counted five of those in that trailer.

I'm glad they did the "narcissist non-heir stabs daddy to death, then blames it on rightful heir to get what he thinks is rightfully his" plot motif, even while the blood was still drying on his hands. (And then inept/powerless rightful heir needs two disgruntled anti-heroes/social vagabonds/ruffians to restore his throne.)

I've never seen that one before.
Well, at least not with bad english.
... Hmmm, well, that's not true either. :doh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not to get too off-topic, but I'm honestly surprised that this trailer is getting more forum laughs than "I, Frankenstein" -- because THAT was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen. I guess the difference is in hammy star power (Cage + Christensen).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not to get too off-topic, but I'm honestly surprised that this trailer is getting more forum laughs than "I, Frankenstein" -- because THAT was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen. I guess the difference is in hammy star power (Cage + Christensen).

Of course.

You're looking at THE Nicholas Cage + the teen who along with Jake whassiname singlehandedly destroyed the SW prequels.

I, Frankenstein did look pretty bad, but barely anyone there seemed to be known (and Aaron Eckhart's name isn't very visible nowadays, his star's been dropping after Dark Knight in 2007).