User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, I'm open to assisted 'end of life' choices as well; but along with what you've said, this particular situation isn't really clear as to whether it was "I want to die" or "I want to live but I'm so tired that I just can't do it anymore." I guess we will figure out more as the investigation unfolds.
    Which is which and why does it make a difference?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It just seems unnecessarily brutal. A nice injection would have been more comfortable.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Which is which and why does it make a difference?
    Why pick me to explain "assisted suicide" when two other people in the thread before me who I was responding to seemed to explain in more detail and be more supportive of it?

In any case, ironically, my distinction was clearly noted in the post you Quoted.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    It just seems unnecessarily brutal. A nice injection would have been more comfortable.
    A nice injection?

You're sick.

Why pick me to explain "assisted suicide" when two other people in the thread before me who I was responding to seemed to explain in more detail and be more supportive of it?

In any case, ironically, my distinction was clearly noted in the post you Quoted.
    I just looked at the thread a minute ago. I'm not picking on you.

I genuinely want to know which attitude is suicidal and which is appropriate for assisted suicide. I seriously couldn't figure it out for myself.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

I've seen some people on the Internet saying that he owed his fans a letter to explain his death... which I'm still kind of floored by.
    Holy shit. Fuck those people.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I just looked at the thread a minute ago. I'm not picking on you.

I genuinely want to know which attitude is suicidal and which is appropriate for assisted suicide. I seriously couldn't figure it out for myself.
    Well, it's all a big aside from the issue I've been talking about through the thread. But theoretically, if someone has come to the conclusion through some rational means that they want to end their life, then theoretically that's their choice to make. I used the word "theoretically" because it sounds plausible in the general sense but delineating the exact parameters of that scenario is for another thread, if that scenario does in fact exist.

But we're discussing (if all the data is true) someone who chose to die because they were struggling with vast depression that sometimes has led into substance abuse -- and where i connect with that as someone who is susceptible to addictive behaviors, pervasive depression, and struggled deeply at times with self-harm is that I didn't really want to die but things felt so lost and painful and pointless that I just felt like I couldn't continue. So that's a different scenario to me... where desire and reality are at odds.

Maybe others have a different view on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Holy shit. Fuck those people.
    Yeah, that was kinda what I was thinking when I saw that.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    This is something I'm intimately familiar with. Severe depression, major depression, is hard to cure -- you have to really stay on top of it. Some are saying he was bipolar, which makes it all the harder. It's a lot to carry just to make other people happy. As Robin Williams himself decided. Someone on Fox News called him a coward, and lots of others are all "why on earth would someone want to die." Lots of people want to die, y'know? Even with the best of treatment.

Then there's this article, saying the tweet represents suicide as liberating and that could cause people to think it's ok to do.
    Suicide contagion and social media: The dangers of sharing ‘Genie, you

Well ... it's for each person to decide. I just wish he hadn't had to hang himself with a belt.
    Pretty revolting to call him a coward after he lived so long with this. Definitely would NOT label anyone struggling with this as a coward. People don't like to face things they're afraid of.. and it brings out the ugly in people. There's a difference between feeling the bittersweetness of someone being free of pain despite it not being the way you (or even they) would have liked to have been free... and promoting suicide. People are just ridic.

ABC News keeping it classy.

That's my contribution to the truckloads of garbage people create when something tragic happens. I worked at the psych ward this rotation.. and it was my first time truly dealing with people across mental disorder spectrums. Extremely eye opening.. and it's really easy to see why regular people just dont get it. There really is no way to get it without intimately being involved with someone who has it somehow. There was no way I was even close to getting it, despite psych classes and such, until I worked with people suffering from these things. It's easy to see that it isn't just in their head.. it's a real disease, just one of the many we can't explain yet.

Yes, I'm open to assisted 'end of life' choices as well; but along with what you've said, this particular situation isn't really clear as to whether it was "I want to die" or "I want to live but I'm so tired that I just can't do it anymore." I guess we will figure out more as the investigation unfolds.
    I can't help but think someone who worked so hard on what he did felt the latter.. but I didn't know the guy.. that might just be wishful optimistic thinking on my end colored by seeing him for the talented, sweet guy I felt he was.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I can't help but think someone who worked so hard on what he did felt the latter.. but I didn't know the guy.. that might just be wishful optimistic thinking on my end colored by seeing him for the talented, sweet guy I felt he was.
    Like I mentioned earlier in the thread (and what keeps coming out as people share their stories publicly) is just what a big-hearted, sweet, kind person he was. I haven't yet heard any actual dirt. We've seen people with celebrity status die periodically over the last few years, and I don't remember seeing a response like this one.

He didn't owe shit to me or any other fan.
    He did let down his family and friends.
    I have empathy with his pain (no, really, I do) but suicide is ultimately a horrible thing to do not just to yourself but the people you love and who love you.
    Calling him a coward is unnecessary and crass. It's not like these types of struggles don't produce enough guilt.