12311 Last

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Unhappy Movies & Shows everyone seems to love so much and you can't understand why!

I'll start. Star Wars and 2001: A Space Odyssey . I just said it, shoot me!
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

For me, it was "There's Something About Mary."

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

The Office
    Scrubs
    Superbad (and all of the related movies with the same kind of cast, humor, etc).

While I do understand "why", it doesn't make it any less revolting nor do I "get it".
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    The Office
    Scrubs
    Superbad (and all of the related movies with the same kind of cast, humor, etc).

While I do understand "why", it doesn't make it any less revolting nor do I "get it".
    I'd have to give The Office UK a chance before I give up on it totally, but for now I'd say I don't "get" The Office US.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    I'd have to give The Office UK a chance before I give up on it totally, but for now I'd say I don't "get" The Office US.
    There are shows that I like but I feel uninspired to watch the entire run of.

The Office is one of those. I laugh at the episodes I see, but I don't feel motivated to watch them all.
    (New Girl and Wilfred and Better Off Ted are some others that I laugh at and think are really funny, but have trouble persisting watching.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    There are shows that I like but I feel uninspired to watch the entire run of.

The Office is one of those. I laugh at the episodes I see, but I don't feel motivated to watch them all.
    (New Girl and Wilfred and Better Off Ted are some others that I laugh at and think are really funny, but have trouble persisting watching.)
    I feel the same way. If I turn on the TV and the show is running, I'll leave it on while doing chores. What it is I don't know, maybe I have no "chemistry" with anybody in the cast, or any character in the story?! The only comedy series I've finished so far is Seinfeld.

Since we're speaking TV shows, I'll add The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. I don't just "not get it", I'll switch the channel if they're on.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    I feel the same way. If I turn on the TV and the show is running, I'll leave it on while doing chores. What it is I don't know, maybe I have no "chemistry" with anybody in the cast, or any character in the story?! The only comedy series I've finished so far is Seinfeld.

Since we're speaking TV shows, I'll add The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. I don't just "not get it", I'll switch the channel if they're on.
    Yeah, I've watched a few random episodes of TBBT and think they're amusing, but no desire to sit and actually watch it. I view it as the "geek show for non-geeks."

When all the uproar happened over HIMYM, I actually did a day or two of reading on the show, and watched a few random episodes; but never had much interest in the show really, it wasn't that appealing to me.

never got into COPS either.

EDIT: And, heaven help, me, I didn't think Frozen was that great either. Some part of it (like the trolls) were stupid/dull, and the best parts (except for the resolution of Anna's plotline), I'd already seen in other movies. Even "Let it Go" is a shadow of "Defying Gravity" from Wicked, tbh.

It had some decent/respectable elements, but .... I don't get the rabid fandom.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Citizen Kane, Schindler's List (snooze-fest), The Deer Hunter, Friends, Star Wars (last half hour was good, but the first half was boring).
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, I've watched a few random episodes of TBBT and think they're amusing, but no desire to sit and actually watch it. I view it as the "geek show for non-geeks."
    I hate to say that I dislike all of the characters in TBBT.

never got into COPS either.
    Somehow I'm into this.

EDIT: And, heaven help, me, I didn't think Frozen was that great either. Some part of it (like the trolls) were stupid/dull, and the best parts (except for the resolution of Anna's plotline), I'd already seen in other movies.
    You're not alone. In fact, most academy awards winning animated movies lately (which mostly are Disney - Pixar) are overrated, for trying too hard to be "meaningful" and "educative" they end up being way too political and naive. I was utterly disappointed that The Wind Rises couldn't win at 86th Academy Awards, considering it's the last Hayao Miyazaki's work and last Studio Ghibli's production to be nominated. So sad.

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Citizen Kane, Schindler's List (snooze-fest), The Deer Hunter, Friends, Star Wars (last half hour was good, but the first half was boring).
    Schindler's List It was painful for me to watch, not in the way Steven Spielberg anticipated.
    With the same topic, The Pianist is a much more moving and well executed movie.