MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    MOVIE SERIES
    • The Matrix
    • Lord of the Rings and (especially) The Hobbit
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Quentin Tarantino movies
      • Seriously, are the fun action sequences really worth having to wait through all the characters spending hours of talking about movie trivia that I could look up on IMDb?

• Most David Lynch movies
      • He's Michael Bay with no budget or pyrotechnics.

• Scary Movie
      • Only the third one was remotely funny.

MOVIES
    • 2001: A Space Odyssey
      • Why does this movie get a free pass for essentially being a special effects demo reel? It can't be good because the story was good, because the story made no sense until 2010 came out 16 years later. So the next time you bash movies for being too dependent on special effects, think of this one.

• The Silence of the Lambs
      • Dammit, I love the movie, but you have to admit, it hasn't aged well. Anthony Hopkins is a ham in this (though it worked well in Hannibal).

• Star Trek Into Darkness
      • What is this doing with a fresh rating on the Tomatometer? I understand that there have been some bad Trek films, but none of them legitimately pissed me off for their lack of inspiration like this one.

• Gravity
      • I'm sorry, but Sandra Bullock is the stupidest astronaut ever. How did NASA allow her in space?

That's all I got for now...
    the bolded I agree with but I've only seen the matrix and the only david lynch film I've seen was twin peaks and that's not even a film. I guess I liked it, but didn't hold my attention. scary movie i saw the first one wasn't worth it. I always get how can you hate quentin tarantino? i'm like the movies are boring to me and trying to hard to be bad ass. I got dragged to django so fucking bored, and my friend made me sit through kill bill. i saw lord of the rings against my will, oh wow people walking how exciting

never seen any of the star trek movies. I tend to stick to the tv series when it comes to star trek. Gravity looks boring, isn't it like most the movie floating in space? same reason i didn't see 127 hrs.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    huh

Harry Potter : dogshit taste
    Walking dead: horseshit taste
    anything that discovery or history channel plays (nowadays): you need to be put down

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I actually like Friends, but I was raised on it growing up so yeah.
    I wasn't even raised on it and I love it. I started watching it when I was 19. I won't argue that it's television at it's finest. But, I find it hilarious.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Sooo many of my friends think it's absolutely hysterical. INTP friend made me watch it and ended up getting annoyed because apparently I was laughing at the wrong things. I don't really get the appeal of The Walking Dead either, or any zombie apocalypse themed show.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Why does everyone seem to love The Big Bang Theory and Glee? From what I've seen they are not that great.
    "It's hard for them to simper and bow without heads." - Littlefinger

"A man with great ambition and no morals, I wouldn't bet against you." -Varys

Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.- Machiavelli

The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.- Hobbes

HP House: Slytherin
    GOT House: Lannister

Social Impure

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BWCB1890 View Post
    Why does everyone seem to love The Big Bang Theory and Glee? From what I've seen they are not that great.
    I always thought Glee killed all the songs they covered.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    The Simpsons.
    Is this a serious post?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    Is this a serious post?
    The Simpsons jumped the shark 20 years ago.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The Simpsons jumped the shark 20 years ago.
    More like ~15 years ago, but anyway

nothing touches the quality of the golden era, not even seinfeld

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    More like ~15 years ago, but anyway

nothing touches the quality of the golden era, not even seinfeld
    An example of jumping the shark would be the 'Homer in outer space' episode. Family Guy had a similar episode, but it was not blown out of all proportion. Peter bought a used space shuttle, lifted off from his front yard, then came in the front door two days later talking about what a blast it was to jack off in outer space - except for the fact that the inside of the space shuttle began to look like a snow globe.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

An example of jumping the shark would be the 'Homer in outer space' episode. Family Guy had a similar episode, but it was not blown out of all proportion. Peter bought a used space shuttle, lifted off from his front yard, then came in the front door two days later talking about what a blast it was to jack off in outer space - except for the fact that the inside of the space shuttle began to look like a snow globe.
    I'm familiar with the term.

Deep Space Homer, the 'homer in outer space' episode has a bunch of funny moments, and I liked the James Taylor guest appearance. It certainly does not stand out in my memory as a bad episode. There were still four seasons left before it seriously started to wane in quality.

Season nine had episodes like The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson, and the one where carnies take over the Simpson house, those are classic episodes.

Season ten had the episode with Kim Bassinger and Alec Baldwin, cringe central.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.