User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Permabanned

star wars. i just can't get through any of the movies.
    breaking bad. it's mediocre.
    as was Lost. in fact, Lost was less than mediocre, verging on the bad. one of the most schizophrenic shows i've ever watched.
    24. i never got over the fact that after watching a season, i'd now exactly how much time i had wasted watching a season...
    David Letterman...is just not funny. his top 10 list are funny at times, but they're frequently out of order in my opinion..
    Neither is SNL. I know that's like...sacrilege to some...but I don't know if I've ever laughed at even one SNL skit. They're stupid.
    Also that "Whose line is it Anyway" show. I'm just like...if I wanted to see people act stupid...I'd just pay attention to them..

And so many others.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, I see that as an odd analogy too.

I think Aronofsky movies are all generally worth watching, although IMO black swan is superior to noah. What I didn't get about black swan is why it was popular in general circles; I saw it as a niche movie.
    I think there's one scene that explains that..for men, anyway.

As a similar example, I liked inception but have no clue how it became the summer fad.
    This is a bigger mystery.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I could probably spend a while on this.

Most recently, I didn't see what was so great about Her.

EDIT: Someone mentioned Lost, so now I have to comment on that. Damon Lindelof himself, and the whole body of is work, are garbage. I don't understand how he became successful.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

The Deer Hunter
    Vertigo (well it's highly acclaimed if not loved by everyone)
    Firefly (watched only one episode though)
    Mulholland Drive (to make things worse I still can't lose the erections)

Hmm... there is more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    The Deer Hunter
    Vertigo (well it's highly acclaimed if not loved by everyone)
    Firefly (watched only one episode though)
    I agree with all of these. I have never managed to see all of Deer Hunter in one go. I think Vertigo is highly overrated. And Joss Whedon is not my cup of tea; no movie or series of his has been to my liking.

I am going to add to the list:

Annie Hall (Yess I said it. Only the last few seconds of the movie captured my interest, I don't get the Jewish identity joke and I guess I am not much into jokes about being frustrated).

If I ever watch another universally acclaimed 'old movie' and wouldn't enjoy it, I am never going to go out of my way to watch an old movie again. Maybe I am not classy enough for them.

Action, mystery/crime movies here I come.

Lost (But I loved it till the end when I/we realized that the directors/writers didn't have a proper ending, had too many questions unanswered and ended the series with a smoke monster having a fist fight with one of the main protagonists of the show. Fuck you for making us watch that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I agree with all of these. I have never managed to see all of Deer Hunter in one go. I think Vertigo is highly overrated. And Joss Whedon is not my cup of tea; no movie or series of his has been to my liking.
    Surprised you agreed with all that.

I guess you leaving out Mulholland Drive meant you don't have mixed feeling - mixed feelings to put it nicely - about it. I liked it but didn't like the fact that the director left it to the viewers to guess what was real and what was not...... you know what, if the ending wasn't interpreted as a dream, the first part could have simply been a considered as an imagination/fairy tale of a depressed woman. I am still frustrated though, especially considering the director's TV series Twin Peaks was also left unfinished. I am glad I didn't watch it till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    MOVIE SERIES
    • The Matrix
    • Lord of the Rings and (especially) The Hobbit
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Quentin Tarantino movies
      • Seriously, are the fun action sequences really worth having to wait through all the characters spending hours of talking about movie trivia that I could look up on IMDb?

• Most David Lynch movies
      • He's Michael Bay with no budget or pyrotechnics.

• Scary Movie
      • Only the third one was remotely funny.

MOVIES
    • 2001: A Space Odyssey
      • Why does this movie get a free pass for essentially being a special effects demo reel? It can't be good because the story was good, because the story made no sense until 2010 came out 16 years later. So the next time you bash movies for being too dependent on special effects, think of this one.

• The Silence of the Lambs
      • Dammit, I love the movie, but you have to admit, it hasn't aged well. Anthony Hopkins is a ham in this (though it worked well in Hannibal).

• Star Trek Into Darkness
      • What is this doing with a fresh rating on the Tomatometer? I understand that there have been some bad Trek films, but none of them legitimately pissed me off for their lack of inspiration like this one.

• Gravity
      • I'm sorry, but Sandra Bullock is the stupidest astronaut ever. How did NASA allow her in space?

That's all I got for now...
    Wow I love all these movies except the ones I have highlighted, none of which I haven't watched. (I watched the Pirates of the Carribean first movie and liked.) I will definitely watch the rest since you don't like it mainly because I liked the rest of the movies that you didn't like and because I almost always disagree with your tastes.

MBTI
    ISTx

Big Bang Theory. Have not been able to sit through a single episode in its entirety.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Friends
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I actually like Friends, but I was raised on it growing up so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Big Bang Theory. Have not been able to sit through a single episode in its entirety.
    This I totally understand though. The jokes might be a little witty (although not witty like Frasier which is another sitcom I enjoy), but they always seem super dry to me.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

The Hobbit
    I watched about 30 minutes of the first movie. That's all I could take.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.