User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    I always found The Wizard Of Oz disturbing rather than the fantasy wonderland everyone else thought it was. Glinda gave me the creeps.
    I found it unimaginative and boring.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

THE SIMPSONS.

I absolutely love the first nine or ten seasons. They're pure comedy gold -- eminently quotable and legitimately hilarious. But the show seriously stopped being good for SIXTEEN years. How does a show that is consistently unfunny LAST that long? Its humor is crass and infantile, its storylines fail to make you care about any of the characters, and it relies on pop-culture and current events references and celebrity cameos to keep people watching, and somehow, it works. People are apparently watching, because it keeps getting renewed. I don't understand it.

I watched the latest "Treehouse of Horror" episode a couple weeks ago, to see if it was still terrible. It was. I don't think I laughed once.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Gryffindor Prefect OneLovelyAdventure's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so

Not a fan of Modern Family at all. I just can't get into it. Everyone always goes on about how funny it is, and I just can't sit through it.
    "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell 'Tuesday,' even if he doesn't spell it right, but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling 'Tuesday' simply doesn't count." -- Winnie the Pooh

ENFP 3w2-7w6-8w7 sx/so
    Neutral Good | SLUAI | Sanguine-Choleric
    Gryffindor | Wampus
    Sagittarius Sun | Sagittarius Moon | Aquarius Rising

Likes five sounds, Mane liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Amélie

Have I mentioned it?

Everyone loves it. I hated it. It started off well, lovely cinematography and witty. But then the artsy French sense of humor just bugged me immensely.

I hated Amélie too.
    Likes johnnyyukon, Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    THE SIMPSONS.

I absolutely love the first nine or ten seasons. They're pure comedy gold -- eminently quotable and legitimately hilarious. But the show seriously stopped being good for SIXTEEN years. How does a show that is consistently unfunny LAST that long? Its humor is crass and infantile, its storylines fail to make you care about any of the characters, and it relies on pop-culture and current events references and celebrity cameos to keep people watching, and somehow, it works. People are apparently watching, because it keeps getting renewed. I don't understand it.

I watched the latest "Treehouse of Horror" episode a couple weeks ago, to see if it was still terrible. It was. I don't think I laughed once.
    Not sure that disqualifies you from not liking The Simpsons, maybe.

I as well found the 2nd through 9ish Seasons, "pure comedy god." So much gold, and so much pureishness, I basically just write off the garbage they've been doing sense.

Nothing will take those memories from me!!! Not even 49 Seasons!! Well maybe that would
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    THE SIMPSONS.

I don't know anyone with any sense who disagrees with this view. I think the reason it's still running is that it has become a traditional thing, a tv habit of sorts.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Watched Hurt Locker.

Hated it.

Fuck you Oscars!
    Likes five sounds liked this post

TV series - Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Watched Hurt Locker.

Hated it.

I enjoyed it. Different strokes . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    TV series - Friends.

I enjoyed it. Different strokes . . .
    My brother in law highly recommends friends and I was planning on watching it next. I hope you are wrong.

To win an Oscar for best picture? I don't see why so. Maybe for directing and acting but definitely not for the movie.

Urghhh!

I forgot to mention: nightcrawler

Again for acting - Oscar deserving
    For the movie - No way

I just don't get Oscars anymore when it comes to best picture.

This one has got nominated for best original screenplay. Yeah no way man. If they added 15 more minutes to the ending with ANY FUCKING outcome then it would have deserved an oscar nominee.