User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh @Arctic Hysteria, did you see what Jones' next picture is? I forgot about this:
    Pacific Rim Composer To Score Duncan Jones' Warcraft Movie

I have no idea what to expect -- a potential blockbuster, and at least he shows some interest in human elements in his past work, but it could really go either way (probably ranging from generally good to really really bad).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

Absolutely hated it
    BLASPHEMER!!

Fabienne: Whose motorcycle is this?
    Butch: It's a chopper, baby.
    Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?
    Butch: It's Zed's.
    Fabienne: Who's Zed?
    Butch: Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Permabanned

Most of cringe comedy:
    • The office
    • Curb your enthusiasm
    • Arrested development
    • It's always sunny in Philadelphia

Honorable mentions:
    • King of the hill - The most interesting thing about the show is solving the mystery of why people are watching it.
    • Pokemon - fun as a source of memes, but the actual show was like watching a Let's Play for a mediocre console game.
    • Labyrinth - I am probably just missing the nostalgia factor other people are associating with it, but it doesn't do much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Get out.
    Screw You!

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

Absolutely hated it
    Screw you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Is it a crime that I never finished this one?
    Everyone seems to be a fan of it and while I acknowledge very much that it's a classic, I cannot lie that I am absolutely bored by it.
    And screw you too!!!!!

Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Oh c'monnnnn @riva. Don't make me cry.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

Oh c'monnnnn @riva. Don't make me cry.
    ASIAN GIRLS ALWAYS CRY!!!!!!!!!!

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

The few that I can think of that everyone enjoyed:

• Les Miserables (2012). I almost started crying, not because it was heart-wrenching but 'cause of Javert's singing ("Stop! Stop! Please make it stop! Ohhh, won't someone think of the children?!")
    • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007), I expected much better from the director that gave us Serpico and Dog Day Afternoon, what a let down this film was; it takes itself too seriously, was completely humourless. I found it hard to sit through.
    • Heat (1995), I wanted to like this, I really did but it, too, took itself seriously. It was almost comical.

Also, science-fiction films like Avatar, Gravity and Tron: Legacy are designed to be watched once and in IMAX theatres. I watched Gravity in IMAX and there were moments in which I wanted to leap into the screen 'cause it was oh so pretty but I didn't think much of the subpar storyline. I wasn't impressed by Gravity, the character was one-dimensional, but it had good elements regarding survival and spirituality, so it was worth watching.

I feel the same about Sex and the City and Lost. I'd only watch them and I got paid to.
    I was the same, I refused to watch Sex and the City or Girls however everyone kept gushing about them so I decided to check them out and I found that I enjoyed them a lot despite both t.v series having the two most insufferable, self-absorbed, selfish and entitled characters in any series I've ever seen (entitlement is more prevalent in Girls). Perhaps, it's because I get tired of TV series centred around men that I enjoy series from women's perspectives (regardless of how obnoxious they can be) but I felt the same with Orange is the New Black (though it's better than both aforementioned series combined) and Bridesmaids. It's funny, though, since IRL people only praise about them whereas online I've only seen people complain about them.

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Miller's Crossing
    Tommy, Tommy, you can't do this, you don't bump guys!

Awww, I loved this movie from the soundtrack to Gabriel Bryne's face expressions to the end scene. I thought it was perfect (not as perfect as A Serious Man, though).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    The few that I can think of that everyone enjoyed:

Les Miserables (2012). I almost started crying, not because it was heart-wrenching but 'cause of Javert's singing ("Stop! Stop! Please make it stop! Ohhh, won't someone think of the children?!")
    I really like this show, especially the music, but I agree - Javert was completely miscast in the movie version. I didn't like the singing of the actress who played adult Cosette either. Philip Quast was much better as Javert in the 10th anniversary show. It was a nice touch in the movie, though, to have the iconic Colm Wilkinson (original London cast) play the Bishop.

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

• Heat (1995), I wanted to like this, I really did but it, too, took itself seriously. It was almost comical.
    One of my favorites. The actors could actually shoot, move, and reload properly, use cover/concealment, and position themselves to have overlapping fields of fire. Michael Mann even understands that the engine block is the only part of a car you can truly consider cover. That means a lot to a nerd like me.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Heat (1995), I wanted to like this, I really did but it, too, took itself seriously. It was almost comical.

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.