First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Miller's Crossing
    HERESY!!
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes EffEmDoubleyou liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post

Unfortunately the same guy went and made Source Code, a 32 million worth piece of crap.
    In Beyond the Lighted Stage Jack Black talks about rocket sauce and how some bands have enough for several albums and others use up all of it on just one song. I think directors could be the same way.

Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes seem to be hoes for Gravity. What the heck, according to them, Moon is worse than... 22 Jump Street. I swear I've lost faith in them.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Absolutely hated it

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

Absolutely hated it
    Is it a crime that I never finished this one?
    Everyone seems to be a fan of it and while I acknowledge very much that it's a classic, I cannot lie that I am absolutely bored by it.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    Likes SD45T-2, Mane liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Unfortunately the same guy went and made Source Code, a 32 million worth piece of crap.
    HEY!!! I like(d) that movie, although it was rough in spots and had some flaws.

I also prefer the bittersweet ending (i.e., edit out the last 5-7 minutes).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    HEY!!! I like(d) that movie, although it was rough in spots and had some flaws.

I also prefer the bittersweet ending (i.e., edit out the last 5-7 minutes).
    Sorry Jennifer
    I just thought it was not at all original, quite clumsy and blockbuster wannabe, considering the much bigger budget he had

But I can see why it's entertaining.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry Jennifer
    I just thought it was not at all original, quite clumsy and blockbuster wannabe, considering the much bigger budget he had

But I can see why it's entertaining.
    I actually found it interesting rather than "entertaining," but I agree it felt kind of "small" in some ways. Which is too bad, as he had a decent cast. Considering what he has made in the past, I don't know if he has a "blockbuster" mentality.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I actually found it interesting rather than "entertaining," but I agree it felt kind of "small" in some ways. Which is too bad, as he had a decent cast. Considering what he has made in the past, I don't know if he has a "blockbuster" mentality.
    I wished he had came up with something more original and felt disappointed as I had seen the same concept in other movies made before, Dark City, Timecrime, Dreamscape, The Cell. He's a talented guy...
    I would be very happy if he sets his mind on staying indie. Darren Aronofsky broke my heart by making 2 big budgets and blockbuster-ish movies.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I wished he had came up with something more original and felt disappointed as I had seen the same concept in other movies made before, Dark City, Timecrime, Dreamscape, The Cell. He's a talented guy...
    I would be very happy if he sets his mind on staying indie. Darren Aronofsky broke my heart by making 2 big budgets and blockbuster-ish movies.
    Different sensibilities... *shrug*

Dark City is a favorite of mine, especially in terms of tone -- perfectly captured. Part of the reason I watch it is for the ambiance. I haven't seen the other movies you reference, and I think The Cell was usually dissed.... so I never watched it.

I actually saw value in some parts of Aronofsky's "Noah," but at the same time I felt like it was one of his weaker movies overall. I don't think I'd call Black Swan a "blockbuster," I was honestly shocked at all the hype; I happen to love that movie, yet I have no idea why it appealed to mainstream who I thought would have been unsettled by it.

(It was rather like Inception -- I like it, despite its flaws, but was shocked by all the hype.)

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Different sensibilities... *shrug*

Dark City is a favorite of mine, especially in terms of tone -- perfectly captured. Part of the reason I watch it is for the ambiance. I haven't seen the other movies you reference, and I think The Cell was usually dissed.... so I never watched it.

I actually saw value in some parts of Aronofsky's "Noah," but at the same time I felt like it was one of his weaker movies overall. I don't think I'd call Black Swan a "blockbuster," I was honestly shocked at all the hype; I happen to love that movie, yet I have no idea why it appealed to mainstream who I thought would have been unsettled by it.

(It was rather like Inception -- I like it, despite its flaws, but was shocked by all the hype.)
    Oh I love Dark City.

The Cell is my all time personal favorite. I guess it's the matter of taste. I thought J-Lo was terrible, as always. But the idea and the visuals are unforgettable. Some might find it disturbing and random. I thought it was brilliant. The same guy made the beautifully crafted fairtytale-like The Fall.

I guess Aronofsky didn't plan for Black Swan to be such a mainstream artsy piece, yet he spent only $13 mil on it and earned back almost... $330 mil. He lost his humble yet ambitious indie-ness mojo. It's funny how his weakest films are the most popular and beneficial. Being his big fan and having watched all of his previous works, I never touched Noah Should I? I hate it when my favorite directors "do it big and loud".

Now you remind me of Inception. I thought it was visually beautiful, taking into account that Nolan used little to none CGI in things he does. But yeah, I don't get the hype. The a dream within a dream has been done times before. It made me think of the anime Paprika and, again, Dreamscape right away. Marion Cotillard character was painful to watch, and Ellen Page annoyingly did all the plot explaining for the audience because Nolan was afraid his story is so intricate that audience might not be able to understand it. The movie was pretty cool... until the skiing scene. Nolan couldn't decide if he was going to make it a scifi or a Bond movie. Visual arts students love its "originality" though. I feel sad and sorry for the older, lower budget, much more original movies that never made it to the big screen.