User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I can't think of many movies right now... But I'm super picky about some types of movies. I watch movies for entertainment, if they get too dark or sad in off ways I just can't handle it.
    Like Requiem for a dream.. a good movie, admittedly, but I won't watch it again. Movies like that, American History X, Menace to Society or whatever, a Clockwork Orange... i just can't watch those sort of dark, frowny-faced films. I don't get the take-home from that.. I find it difficult to enjoy movies like that.
    Requiem for a Dream, Clockwork Orange, American History X, were one and done movies for me. EXCELLENT, but who needs to experience that trauma twice? (saw Menace II Society twice).

My roommate decided to watch Requiem for a Dream on a 2nd date once. He's not good at dating.

I like those movies if I'm in a dark mood OR to just watch a damn well made portrayal of the uglier side of humanity. I know it's there, and I choose to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post

Edit: I forgot The Notebook
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Flâneuse liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Walking Dead has zero humor. Being SERIOUS all the farkin' time in a show, it's exhausting.

The Hobbit was the shortest book of Tolkien's 4 most popular. Fast and good read. Better than LOTRs, IMO. And Hollywood turns it into a 3 PART MOVIE??? Trash.

While Gravity was good, I wouldn't call it "not boring." haha, wouldn't watch it again, but glad I did.
    Mixed feelings on Gravity. There's not a lot to the plot or characterization, and also I consider it to be more of an "experience" and as such was most suited for a large IMAX 3D theater so that you can be engulfed in the same kind of space as the characters. I really found the experience amazing, but there's not a ton to it beyond that.

Not even touching "The Hobbit," or I'll be here all day.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Mixed feelings on Gravity. There's not a lot to the plot or characterization, and also I consider it to be more of an "experience" and as such was most suited for a large IMAX 3D theater so that you can be engulfed in the same kind of space as the characters. I really found the experience amazing, but there's not a ton to it beyond that.

Not even touching "The Hobbit," or I'll be here all day.
    @Rasofy
    OH shit, you know what? I was thinking of "Moon" for some damn reason. I haven't seen Gravity yet, haha. Man.

But I've seen the trailer and what you described is pretty much exactly what I expected.

edit: And actually, I haven't seen The Hobbit either, haha. But if it's anything like the LOTRs movies, I know it would be another money making, asses in the theater seats, hyped piece of shit that's milked for all it's worth.

After discovering it was a 3 part series, I was personally offended and decided to boycott. I'm sure Peter Jackson is suffering over it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

OH shit, you know what? I was thinking of "Moon" for some damn reason. I haven't seen Gravity yet, haha. Man.
    HAHAHAHAHA!

Well, okay -- I also own Moon. Good director, and Sam Rockwell does a wonderful job of carrying the movie, but I was bored on some levels despite rating it to be a decent movie. Sometimes a movie can be "good" without inspiring you to watch it again. (You know what I mean, jellybean?) Kinda have the same feeling about Shame.

edit: And actually, I haven't seen The Hobbit either, haha. But if it's anything like the LOTRs movies, I know it would be another money making, asses in the theater seats, hyped piece of shit that's milked for all it's worth.
    I find them worse than the LotR movies, of which I could only stomach the first anyway. I did watch the first two Hobbit movies out of curiosity, and that's where it will remain.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

My roommate decided to watch Requiem for a Dream on a 2nd date once. He's not good at dating.
    Depends on who's the girl. If somebody invites me to re-watch Requiem for Dream on a 2nd date, I'm pretty sure we'd bond better from that moment on lol

Moon is my all time favorite low budget indie. With only Kevin Spacey's voice and Sam Rockwell throughout the movie, stranded in space, there has never been so much humanity.

I was desperately bored and disappointed by Gravity. I am a fan of Alfonso Cuarón, but I couldn't stomach how cheesy so many scenes were.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@Rasofy

But I've seen the trailer and what you described is pretty much exactly what I expected.

After discovering it was a 3 part series, I was personally offended and decided to boycott. I'm sure Peter Jackson is suffering over it.
    Dude, so you basically haven't seen either movie. You know nothing, Johnny Snow.

Like Jen said, Gravity is a movie meant to be watched in 3D, for a good immersion. The plot is unsophisticated, but the movie is well made and very realistic. Very good acting, also. I'd probably get bored watching it at home though.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Miller's Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Moon is my all time favorite low budget indie. With only Kevin Spacey's voice and Sam Rockwell throughout the movie, stranded in space, there has never been so much humanity.
    To me, making something like Moon for 5 million bucks is vastly more impressive than anything Michael Bay has ever done.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Depends on who's the girl. If somebody invites me to re-watch Requiem for Dream on a 2nd date, I'm pretty sure we'd bond better from that moment on lol
    I'll remember to have Martyrs ready the next time I bring a first date over.

Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Dude, so you basically haven't seen either movie. You know nothing, Johnny Snow.
    Lol.

hahaha, oh man.

So a lot of people didn't like Avatar (James Cameron, not M. Night Shyuck my b**** wretched version of Airbender). Like somewhat of a action/sci-fi with little depth. But I enjoyed the ever living shit out of it. In the theaters, 3D, was really surprised at how cool the 3D was. And just the whole damn movie was pretty fun for me. Would have been totally different at home.

Maybe that's a similar comparison.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Miller's Crossing
    Yeah. I managed to finish it one night when I was in the mood. Not my Coen's favorite.

To me, making something like Moon for 5 million bucks is vastly more impressive than anything Michael Bay has ever done.

Unfortunately the same guy went and made Source Code, a 32 million worth piece of crap.

Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes seem to be hoes for Gravity. What the heck, according to them, Moon is worse than... 22 Jump Street. I swear I've lost faith in them.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |