First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

That's what I thought.

I'm thinking maybe it's more about how she speaks to you/for you than it is about her actual musicianship? I don't want to offend you but my perception from the couple of songs of hers that I've listened to leads me to that hypothesis. Like, are you able to separate those two aspects, and if you did, would one come out on top? Or in other words, is the value of the statement she makes so high to you that it trumps weak musicianship?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I felt this appropriate.

I like Lana Del Rey. I didn't know about her until she was pretty popular, but I think she's got a catchy voice and the tunes are easy going and enjoyable. I'm not super elitist about my music or anything, but I think she's far far from 'bottom of the barrel'.

I'd consider this somewhere towards the bottom of that barrel.. I'd say Lana has a lot more class than this:

And even then, that's 1.8 million more views than I've got. so I wonder where that puts me...
    This is one of my favorite YouTube videos and I sing this song every single time I go to walmart. Plus it taught me that they call their EBT cards Louisiana Purchase cards, which is so brilliant.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I can see her value as a celebrity and for the statement she makes, definitely. As far as I can tell from limited sampling, she's not to my taste to listen to. But I'm glad you brought her up, as I otherwise wouldn't have heard about her.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Socionics
    SLE Fi

Truth or Dare?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I would do her.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    That's what I thought.

I'm thinking maybe it's more about how she speaks to you/for you than it is about her actual musicianship? I don't want to offend you but my perception from the couple of songs of hers that I've listened to leads me to that hypothesis. Like, are you able to separate those two aspects, and if you did, would one come out on top? Or in other words, is the value of the statement she makes so high to you that it trumps weak musicianship?
    Oh no, not true. I listen to National Anthem because it viscerally makes me feel happy, I can have Ultraviolence on as ambiance music. She's all of the above ...I like MIA and Bat for Lashes and Adele but my fandom for Lana is on steroids because it's both muscianship and ideas/identification. She has a more hip hop or bluesy sound but it's the way I liked Tori Amos in high school, but for different reasons. No she isn't a classic piano genius, but I was nursed on 80s synth and dance pop and I like electronic and limited hip hop like Eminem, Tupac and MIA so this is what *I* ,want to hear. She's Not Me for example imo should be released as a dance song.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I can see her value as a celebrity and for the statement she makes, definitely. As far as I can tell from limited sampling, she's not to my taste to listen to. But I'm glad you brought her up, as I otherwise wouldn't have heard about her.
    Ultraviolence is considered her musically mature work...that has better critical reception musically.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm listening to her music and reading up on her. So basically she is Nancy Sinatra meets Buddy Holly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by foxonstilts View Post
    Truth or Dare?
    "I always pick truth and then lie"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics