User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Lana Del Rey should thank her billionaire daddy for her success. All in all it's the same old Pop crap.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Lana Del Rey should thank her billionaire daddy for her success. All in all it's the same old Pop crap.
    Um no, actually its not. Ultraviolence is the first album in forty to fifty years to be recorded live with a hand held microphone and a seven piece band, it's jazzy narco swing, her father is a millionaire, and Paris Hilton couldn't hold her own professionally even being a Hilton, so try to stop spending so much time on Hipster Runoff so that people don't start to wonder if you're musically retarded.

The parroting ignorance is almost starting to sound comical to me, like when idiot conservatives call
    Obama a Muslim. THAT'S HOW DUMB WHAT YOU JUST SAID SOUNDS.

It's like you're reading from a hipster conformist script. Do you actually have anything educated or insightful to say about Lana del Rey? Do you usually get your opinions off of cereal boxes?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It would be nice if one of these kindergarten music critics had actually been aware that Ultraviolence even exists. How can you discuss the merits of Lana del Rey if you apparently are still quoting a script from 2012?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    At this point I should just report you for trolling and personal insults, but I won't since its clear that I have made a fool of you for parroting an outdated conformist opinion that you gave very little thought to, you don't even know Lana del Reys music, and now defend your ego by posting stalker videos. You are the pathetic one, not me. I mean seriously being stuck in 2012 and pretending to know about an artist you don't listen to doesn't make you look cool anymore. It's like wearing a mullet in 1993.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I was a toddler in 1993, I think I would have been pretty cute with a mullet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I felt this appropriate.

Also, courage. It's incredibly comforting to know that as long as you don't create anything in your life, then nobody can attack the thing you created.

It's so much easier to just sit back and criticize other people's creations. This movie is stupid. That couple's kids are brats. That other couple's relationship is a mess. That rich guy is shallow. This restaurant sucks. This Internet writer is an asshole. I'd better leave a mean comment demanding that the website fire him. See, I created something.

Oh, wait, did I forget to mention that part? Yeah, whatever you try to build or create -- be it a poem, or a new skill, or a new relationship -- you will find yourself immediately surrounded by non-creators who trash it. Maybe not to your face, but they'll do it. Your drunk friends do not want you to get sober. Your fat friends do not want you to start a fitness regimen. Your jobless friends do not want to see you embark on a career.

Just remember, they're only expressing their own fear, since trashing other people's work is another excuse to do nothing. "Why should I create anything when the things other people create suck? I would totally have written a novel by now, but I'm going to wait for something good, I don't want to write the next Twilight!" As long as they never produce anything, their work will forever be perfect and beyond reproach.

Read more: 6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person | Cracked.com
    I like Lana Del Rey. I didn't know about her until she was pretty popular, but I think she's got a catchy voice and the tunes are easy going and enjoyable. I'm not super elitist about my music or anything, but I think she's far far from 'bottom of the barrel'.

I'd consider this somewhere towards the bottom of that barrel.. I'd say Lana has a lot more class than this:

And even then, that's 1.8 million more views than I've got. so I wonder where that puts me...
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    What do you like so much about this? Just curious.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    What do you like so much about this? Just curious.
    That song was written for her haters in part, so it was appropriate here in this thread. The audio is much more amazing on the album and in context of the entire Ultraviolence album (best listened to as a cohesive work from beginning to end, and other fans have agreed with me on this)...plus I like her blatant sexuality, because it's genuinely feminine...also if you search in the annals of Lanas music, songs like Hundred Dollar Bill acknowledge prostitution as a viable topic. She plays at being all sorts of women, from the femme fatale who murders her bad man in Kinda Outta Luck to The Other Woman...pretty much every feminine archetype except socially acceptable wife and mother.