User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    yupp

hipster is such a harmful word whenever you use it an art student gets their eye stabbed in their sleep
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Who the hell is Lana?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I don't particularly like Lana but I do have Summertime Sadness and Young and Beautiful in my library. I'm not a fan of her vocal ability or at least how she uses it, but I do like how gracious she is to her fans and her different style.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Post Ms. America

The New Inquiry had a free Lana Del Rey supplement last month. Its interesting if you are really into cultural criticism essays, definitely not a handy dandy guide, though.

Download the New Inquiry's LDR supplement PDF here
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Today in hipster news, intelligent woman writes culturally relevant songs while also appearing sexually confident; people feel challenged and uncomfortable, lame cyberbullying ensues, sends wonderful message to school kids about women and their role in society. News at 11.
    "There never was, nor will be, nor is there now to be found anyone who stands wholly praised or utterly condemned."

In other news, Lana Del Rey is super fine.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I am not a fan of Lana Del Ray.

I don't like the sound of her voice, the instrumentation is kinda boring and lacks the elements I usually go for in music, and her image just isn't my style. I tried to get into her multiple times though. Quite a lot of my friends said "have you heard her?! You will love her!" Considering I listen to bands like The Knife, iamamiwhoami, Planningtorock, and others in that vein. I just... I couldn't get into it. All I could think was "this just sounds bad... why do people like this?". I could hear it was well done but something was off.

Nevertheless, she is very popular and well regarded as original and talented, so I withhold my judgement beyond my personal taste. Music is rather subjective anyway. It's difficult to label something as truly "bad". That said, some Lana fans I have met seem to get really offended over the fact that I don't care for her, and I just don't get it. People are allowed to dislike music?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I am not a fan of Lana Del Ray.

I don't like the sound of her voice, the instrumentation is kinda boring and lacks the elements I usually go for in music, and her image just isn't my style. I tried to get into her multiple times though. Quite a lot of my friends said "have you heard her?! You will love her!" Considering I listen to bands like The Knife, iamamiwhoami, Planningtorock, and others in that vein. I just... I couldn't get into it. All I could think was "this just sounds bad... why do people like this?". I could hear it was well done but something was off.

Nevertheless, she is very popular and well regarded as original and talented, so I withhold my judgement beyond my personal taste. Music is rather subjective anyway. It's difficult to label something as truly "bad". That said, some Lana fans I have met seem to get really offended over the fact that I don't care for her, and I just don't get it. People are allowed to dislike music?
    someone showed me this yesterday I believe. and part of me thinks it should be required to watch before making comments on the internet

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't know if I've heard a single Lana Del Rey song. Or if I did, it didn't make an impact on me strong enough to feel one way or the other.

The one female musician who is popular now who I can say I can't stand is Miley Cyrus.

I knew an ENFP dude in college who would try and pick up women by talking about how Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl" is a song of feminist liberation. I think it worked a few times.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Ouch, right in my feelings.
    Heroine addict!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    i never said i hated her, just find her contrived and uninteresting...which makes this argument uninteresting too. you sound like you've been brainwashed or something though.
    Honestly I wish you could be as reasonable as someone like hard and just say you don't like her music (my ESFJ sister doesn't either) without calling me crazy or brainwashed, or making utterly ignorant statements like "there's nothing to get" when you obviously didn't even understand her creative angle.

It's obnoxious. It goes so far beyond simply not liking particular music, and you aren't the only one who talks this way, it's trendy now.