MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I can't figure out why people hate them
    It doesn't make it right at all, and it's certainly not rational, but people will hate other people for completely intangible unexplainable reasons. Sometimes, there is no reason at all. They just hate them. It's quite common. And sadly human nature. I'm sure we've all experienced people like that before, where you just hate someone for seemingly no reason at all.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    It doesn't make it right at all, and it's certainly not rational, but people will hate other people for completely intangible unexplainable reasons. Sometimes, there is no reason at all. They just hate them. It's quite common. And sadly human nature. I'm sure we've all experienced people like that before, where you just hate someone for seemingly no reason at all.
    I think there are reasons, though. Like a latent mass Madonna Whore complex, where sexual women are more readily attacked, why is a feminist supposed to not use her sexuality at all or be androgynous? Why can't a woman be respected for being either one, as men usually are. I think it's also similar to a phenomenon where low wage workers bear the brunt for the sins of larger corporation or big government. In addition to that, our society currently derides the vulnerable and emotionally obvious, like if you aren't cool enough not to care, you're attacked and othered. Our society has a really archaic attitude towards mental illness as well, sometimes I question, is this actually mental illness, or are sensitive people just driven to nervous breakdowns by the modern world. The "artistic temperament" is classically viewed as tempestuous, and now it's made to be pathological.

I can articulate to you exactly why I can't stand Lorde, and it's because she's the worst kind of feminist, the self righteous bitch who tears down other women for choosing to express their sexuality.

Still, I hesitate to attack Lorde in the manner that I observe people trashing Lana del Rey, even though Lorde also dances awkwardly and songs of her like Million Dollar Bills are heinous, and she is actually a hypocrite, deriding the music industry even while benefitting from it as a millionaire before the age of eighteen, but people act like she's some kind of....heroine, lol. I don't see where she's any more talented than Lana, and if people judge Lana for selling out, why not also hate Eminem, Madonna, Prince, and Lorde? Lana wasn't born Lana, but Kid Cudi also wasn't born Kid Cudi.

Hate the music if you do, but making an example of Lana del Rey is a fallacious argument, since she can sing and sounds the same live, is actually not an industry creation and there's tangible proof, and as far as image or name change actually hasn't done anything differently than David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Why? ....are you a fan of his work?
    No... but he looks a lot better with facial hair.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i don't hate lana del rey, i just think she kinda sucks. but i rarely have to hear about her anymore, so who cares. her overhyped period followed by the backlash was an entertaining pop culture moment.

i love amanda bynes and miley and hope the best for them
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    i don't hate lana del rey, i just think she kinda sucks. but i rarely have to hear about her anymore, so who cares. her overhyped period followed by the backlash was an entertaining pop culture moment.

i love amanda bynes and miley and hope the best for them
    Attachment 13017

Attachment 13018

Attachment 13019

She's like the face that launched a thousand ships. Too bad it took so much work to become a swan.

Attachment 13020

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Lol people getting so defensive and offensive about music, I don't get it. You can like what you like, hate what you hate. Either way no need to shove it in someone's face.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

"I beat up a Lana Del Rey fan and I call that Ultraviolence"

She's very calculating, she's aware of the controversies incited and feigns innocence and I think that dishonesty is what perturbs people to the point of discussing her image to death. I actually love her and it was only after listening to Ultraviolence that I considered myself a fan. Ultraviolence flows better than Born To Die which feels like an unrelated amalgamation of songs. Alone they're great but as an album, awkward. I think she was too focused on the themes that she's packed everything in one album without really tying it all together but it showed she had potential and that she lived up to the hype. I'm excited for Honeymoon.
    Night is another candle
    Likes senza tema liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

This thread might have been quietly going about it's business...but can't we all relax and eat Lambchop?

I don't know why I even like this song, the lyrics are like schizophrenia, the singing is often hard to hear and the falsetto is scratchy...yet it's like...music just bypasses my rational and gets straight to hugging on my emotions.

Gaw I wonder how that happens? But hey don't follow me......
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Bizarre Love Triangle Puffypolma's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't want to die in a car accident. When I die it'll be a glorious day. It'll probably be a waterfall.
    -River Phoenix
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post

She's very calculating, she's aware of the controversies incited and feigns innocence and I think that dishonesty is what perturbs people to the point of discussing her image to death. I actually love her and it was only after listening to Ultraviolence that I considered myself a fan. Ultraviolence flows better than Born To Die which feels like an unrelated amalgamation of songs. Alone they're great but as an album, awkward. I think she was too focused on the themes that she's packed everything in one album without really tying it all together but it showed she had potential and that she lived up to the hype. I'm excited for Honeymoon.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "feigning innocence." She just refuses to be called a role model. I think she's very calculating, and if she didn't have that sort of intelligence she wouldn't even be able to as effectively communicate her ideas and concepts, but I don't think she's ever denied that it is "controversial" to talk about adult concepts the way she does in a politically correct world. However if people are too uneducated or stupid to understand what Lolita is actually about, etc...how is that her fault. There's this bizarre pressure on performers and artists to somehow politically conform, and I've noticed she actively sidesteps overt political statements about feminism, her vegetarianism and environmental work, her charity work with alcoholics, even her position on a presidential candidate (beyond blocking some one on Twitter for making a meme of her with an Make America Great Again hat on, and claiming she'd sing the National Anthem for Donald Trump). Lana takes responsibility for her art and even for the feelings of her fans, but I don't see how she's "feigned innocence" just because she refused to overtly politicize her art (that obviously deals with heavy adult subjects).

Born to Die is basically what happened when some big music producers who worked with artists like Eminem reviewed and polished a ton of material she had made over the course of 5-7 years. She even said that the album feels older to it because so much of it was written before it was released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Lol people getting so defensive and offensive about music, I don't get it. You can like what you like, hate what you hate. Either way no need to shove it in someone's face.
    It's because some idiots go out of their way to hate on her. It's trolling, basically. There's a difference between saying I don't like Lana del Rey or even I hate her music, and trolling fans.