User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Default WTF with Marc Maron

Oh man, this podcast. So real. So cathartic.

Any other fans out there, on the forum?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

One of the best episodes IMO:

I knew Marc was INFx before listening to this episode, but contrast with Louie (INFP) made it clear to me that Marc is very likely INFJ. Probably 6w7=4w3/?w?, VERY clear sx-dom.

Summoning @captain curmudgeon -- and also @ZPowers, if you're still around

and @Jennifer, I think you would REALLY like this show, if you're not already into it.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

I'm subscribed to it but I don't have the patience to listen to them anymore. I think I'm all podcasted out for the time being.

I don't mind Maron but I'm not a huge fan. The quality (from a discussion point of view) of the individual podcasts vary widely. The most interesting ones I listened to (and that I can think of off the top of my head) were with Jason and Ivan Reitman, one after the other. The one with Larry King was also pretty interesting once it really got going. The last one I listened to was 501, with Vince Vaughn; it wasn't bad.

FYI just about the only podcast I've been listening to lately is Doug Loves Movies, hosted by comedian Doug Benson. Again, quality varies quite a bit, but if you're into movies and trivia like I am it's pretty fun to play along.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have heard it's great but never listened myself. I don't podcast much- I just tend to forget podcasts exist. I do like to listen to talk rather than music over long drives and I've been doing a lot of driving lately- I was working my way through the This American Life app's "Short List," but I'm ready for something new and this seems like just what the doctor ordered. Thanks!

Enneagram

I went through a phase where I listened to him constantly and each podcast felt like a revelation, but I somehow just reached a limit and can't listen anymore. Maybe I'll come back around. Aside from that great Louie interview, the Todd Hanson suicide podcast was HEAVY, in the best possible way.

I dunno, he strikes me as a Ne-dom really. Especially the way he can only come up with new material if he just puts himself in front of an audience and lets himself think out loud. He doesn't really "write" jokes, yanno? Maron needs to use everyone as a sounding board to figure things out. He's endlessly verbal, digressive, and exploratory. The self-deprecating, emotional open-wound thing, doesn't strike me as particularly INFJ. The dude has no Fe, for another thing.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

just heard a part of an interview with him on npr today. seemed like a cool guy, but i'd never heard of him.

interest: piqued.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I made it to 50-odd minutes on Monday. I plan to listen to the rest at some point soon. Plan to. Whether or not that actually happens...
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I have heard it's great but never listened myself. I don't podcast much- I just tend to forget podcasts exist. I do like to listen to talk rather than music over long drives and I've been doing a lot of driving lately- I was working my way through the This American Life app's "Short List," but I'm ready for something new and this seems like just what the doctor ordered. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    I made it to 50-odd minutes on Monday. I plan to listen to the rest at some point soon. Plan to. Whether or not that actually happens...
    Do it! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I went through a phase where I listened to him constantly and each podcast felt like a revelation, but I somehow just reached a limit and can't listen anymore. Maybe I'll come back around. Aside from that great Louie interview, the Todd Hanson suicide podcast was HEAVY, in the best possible way.

I dunno, he strikes me as a Ne-dom really. Especially the way he can only come up with new material if he just puts himself in front of an audience and lets himself think out loud. He doesn't really "write" jokes, yanno? Maron needs to use everyone as a sounding board to figure things out. He's endlessly verbal, digressive, and exploratory. The self-deprecating, emotional open-wound thing, doesn't strike me as particularly INFJ. The dude has no Fe, for another thing.
    Like I said before, I was really on the fence re: INFJ vs. INFP before. I had attributed his "working it out" style of writing jokes to be more Ni/Fe "processing out loud" -- since IME it's very common for INFJs to vent at people with that purpose in mind. That plus the fact that he usually comes into his interviews with a very specific set of foci, and has tunnel vision about them, without being terribly receptive to outside POVs. Something else I associate with Ni/Fe -- disguised rigidity/slow processing time.

Also, starting at 43:55 -- this story struck me as so much like my INFJ mother that I actually emailed it to her.

She emailed me back and said that it did sound just like her, with the one difference being that she DEFINITELY would have told the flight attendants and passengers.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Like I said before, I was really on the fence re: INFJ vs. INFP before. I had attributed his "working it out" style of writing jokes to be more Ni/Fe "processing out loud" -- since IME it's very common for INFJs to vent at people with that purpose in mind. That plus the fact that he usually comes into his interviews with a very specific set of foci, and has tunnel vision about them, without being terribly receptive to outside POVs. Something else I associate with Ni/Fe -- disguised rigidity/slow processing time.
    I've been thinking about it, and have decided you're right. For the reasons you stated, and I remember reading his book "The Messiah Complex", and it struck me as very Ni. I don't really see Ne at all, anymore.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I've been thinking about it, and have decided you're right. For the reasons you stated, and I remember reading his book "The Messiah Complex", and it struck me as very Ni. I don't really see Ne at all, anymore.
    Well he is VERY stream of consciousness sometimes, and doesn't vibe as strongly J or P, or even E or I. Then again if he's an INFJ mostly-counterphobic 6, which is what I'm thinking so far, that makes him kind of an unusual INFJ from the get-go. I also wonder if his gut fix is 8, because of how explosively his anger manifests itself -- also unusual for an INFJ.

Never read that book. Is it good? (I listened to his audiobook of "Attempting Normal" a bit ago and LOVED it, but I'm not sure if it would be as good on paper.)