12311 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Movies That Still Scared You Weeks After Viewing

I'm talking about scary movies you saw when you were old enough to know the difference between movie and reality. Before around age 10 or 11, it's hard for children to distinguish between fantasy and reality so they are more readily affected. I saw this ad for some scary movie which claimed it will disturb your sleep for weeks after viewing it. But the only movie that's ever put that much fear into me was Jaws. For weeks after watching Jaws I hated to be in any bodies of water the size of a public swimming pool or larger. It's not that I didn't go swimming, but when I did go swimming or wading it was accompanied by this really spooky feeling like something dangerous was lurking in the water. No other movie has had that much effect on me after age 12.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    yupp

Schindler's list.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

American Tail

I don't even remember much of the it, but I remembered that the stormy ocean looked very scary and evil when they were on the ship, so I never went swimming after dark again. Must have been very young...
    4w5 sp/sx EII
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post

I first watched the Exorcist alone in my room when I was a teenager. I don't recall being utterly mortified, though it was sufficiently scary. Overall, it's a frightening horror movie worthy of its reputation, despite the more cheesy elements. To this day, I still get creeped out when I see this picture. It's so...diabolical.

I think they should edit the original film like they did with Star Wars. Remove the silly scene where her head turns all the way around and possibly a few other cheesy scenes that I don't recall. Alter the voice to sound deeper, more menacing and less European; after all, the story took place in the US. Much like Darth Vader's voice, it's kind've hard to take possessed Regan's voice seriously. Still...I think it's one of the best horror movies of all time!
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

It has to be A Nightmare On Elm Street.
    It still scared me YEARS after viewing, not just weeks. That scene with the body bag dragging along the school hall. And that scene when the kid got sucked into the bed and blood erupted from the same spot all over the ceiling. And that scene where the Freddy's tongue stuck out from the phone and licked Nancy's face. I am scared right now thinking about those scenes!
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, a truly horrific movie.
    Likes Bknight, /DG/ liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I first watched the Exorcist alone in my room when I was a teenager. I don't recall being utterly mortified, though it was sufficiently scary. Overall, it's a frightening horror movie worthy of its reputation, despite the more cheesy elements. To this day, I still get creeped out when I see this picture. It's so...diabolical.

I think they should edit the original film like they did with Star Wars. Remove the silly scene where her head turns all the way around and possibly a few other cheesy scenes that I don't recall. Alter the voice to sound deeper, more menacing and less European; after all, the story took place in the US. Much like Darth Vader's voice, it's kind've hard to take possessed Regan's voice seriously. Still...I think it's one of the best horror movies of all time!
    between the ages of 8 and 10 on several occasions I would turn on the exorcist and inevitably my brother would come in and refuse to let me watch it. of course when I was those ages I had constant nightmares.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Child's Play 1 & Candyman

Is it normal for a man in his mid twenties to still be occasionally afraid of the dark and imagine about ghosts?

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.