• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies That Still Scared You Weeks After Viewing

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
hahahaha!

... okay. Yeah. That last 15-20 minutes was pretty bad, thanks for reminding me. :doh:

Let's go the next logical step: Human Centipede 2, when Little Troll man gets out the ball-peen hammer, and... I'll stop there.

:notthechildren::notthechildren::notthechildren:

I haven't seen this film, but I'm disturbed simply by its existence in the world. I couldn't even watch the trailer!

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't recall a scary movie doing this for me...the only horror film that has ever scared me at all was The Thing, and it was over when the movie was over. Tension and melancholy moods from films tend to stick with me longer.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The blob (1988)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not for scary, but for a very physical reaction of revulsion whenever I think of it... Antichrist :sick:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not for scary, but for a very physical reaction of revulsion whenever I think of it... Antichrist :sick:

I think if anyone can watch a Lars von Trier movie without feeling anything at any time... they must be dead already.

Anyway, yeah -- Antichrist.... that was an unsettling movie the whole way through
Plus the ends of Dogville and Breaking the Waves.
Melancholia's ending wasn't as disturbing as those, to me.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thought of another one:

Frankenheimer's Seconds.

Like The Vanishing, its horror is similarly disturbing in its (relative) plausibility.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I saw the original "The Shining," when I was about 10. It scared me BIG TIME (the blood going down the hallway, the creepy twins, the "Red Rum" voice the kid makes, the lady in the bathtub...eek!).

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Snakes on a plane scared me, but thats only because I have always been terrified of them, probably because it evolved as some sort of biological advantage.

Oh and the ring... That movie was a bit creepy if I remember correctly

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Snakes on a plane scared me, but thats only because I have always been terrified of them, probably because it evolved as some sort of biological advantage.

Oh and the ring... That movie was a bit creepy if I remember correctly

Damn. We need a more extensive selection of emoticons.

The Ring was creepy. Both versions.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, a truly horrific movie.

Oh, god, I can't believe he actually had a career after that insult to the franchise. Granted, he directed After Earth, which was equally bad from what I heard.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] I just did a Google search for the Left 4 Dead Witch. Eww. She's as creepy as the Pale Man.

But as long as we're mentioning video games, how about the EVERYTHING from Silent Hill 2?

The Everything from Silent Hill, PERIOD. Entire franchise is scary as hell.

Qre:us

Recently, I saw an Australian horror flick, The Babadook (2014). It wasn't one that left lingering unease, but it was a pretty good film. The psychological breakdown of the woman in the film was really well done. You felt distraught for her. And, unlike most other films, where you are screaming at the characters for making stupid choices, or forgetting the obvious route, there was none of that. You felt helpless, along with her.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I watched Twister when I was 6. I thought for the longest time the safest place during a tornado was in a ditch no matter what, and just recently overcame my fear of them. At this point it would be cool to be a storm chaser.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, god, I can't believe he actually had a career after that insult to the franchise. Granted, he directed After Earth, which was equally bad from what I heard.

After Earth wasn't a great movie, but wasn't among his worst either. Jaden Smith isn't really much of an actor though.

Put another way, the Phantom Menace was a far worse movie.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn. We need a more extensive selection of emoticons.

The Ring was creepy. Both versions.

Similarly, The Grudge -- stair crawl scene. But the little boy/cat and numerous other scenes are freaky as well.