User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

I don't really remember much of what I watched as a kid. I generally did not scare easily though, that was more my brother he had enough fear for the both of us and then some. I do remember one clip though...from Arthur

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MiB4dMwDFtg

I think it was more that it made me afraid of the library. Favorite place, but chance of being turned into a green monster... conflicting.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@Jennifer I just did a Google search for the Left 4 Dead Witch. Eww. She's as creepy as the Pale Man.

But as long as we're mentioning video games, how about the EVERYTHING from Silent Hill 2?
    Likes kyuuei, Bknight liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Oculus. That film is like an hour and a half long gimpse into hell forreal foreal

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Omg Megan is missing... That movie does a 180 pretty much from awful (as in just terrible acting/horrible movie) to totally just disturbing. One of few movies that really shook me up.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I just did a Google search for the Left 4 Dead Witch. Eww. She's as creepy as the Pale Man.
    They're kind of similar in conception (and hey, let's toss in Slender Man too!), except that Pale Man is slow but inexorable and steady, he will catch you if you don't get out, and you can always see him clearly, see that he is coming for you; the witch actually is in shadow so you just see half glimpses of her as she screams and runs towards you... so, they're like flip sides there, it's the kind of thing where you scream and fumble at the keys because you just know SOMETHING is coming for you and it's just too fast and you can't quite make it out.

But getting back to my description of Pale Man, inexorably coming for you: That's the premise of "It Follows" which just came out a month or two ago. And it's the same thing: It's coming for you, slow but inexorably. You can even see it coming if you recognize it. And it never speeds up, never changes pace... but it never STOPS. As soon as you stop running, you're allowing it to catch up. There's just some really terrifying shots when it gets into people's houses and how it manifests. And of course one of the broken bodies of its victims that shows up early in the movie... gaaaa...

There's stuff in The Babadook too that is unsettling after -- not just the damned book and The Babadook scuttling around and making its noises, but the thought that maybe it's just not an external monster at all but something dark inside each one of us... so you can't escape it.

But as long as we're mentioning video games, how about the EVERYTHING from Silent Hill 2?
    Silent Hill came to mind but I've actually never played the games or saw the movies, so I didn't want to commit unless my indirect conception of the movies was accurate...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I don't know if I mentioned the opening scene in Cube. THAT image still hangs with me; it's on par with the crazy stuff from early Hellraiser (like the guy being torn to pieces in the opener and later, by all the hooks and chains).
    Yes, Cube's opening scene!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Omg Megan is missing... That movie does a 180 pretty much from awful (as in just terrible acting/horrible movie) to totally just disturbing. One of few movies that really shook me up.
    Just reading the plot summary on Wikipedia is disturbing. Wow.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

The Human Centipede. I will say no more
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    hahahaha!

... okay. Yeah. That last 15-20 minutes was pretty bad, thanks for reminding me.

Let's go the next logical step: Human Centipede 2, when Little Troll Man gets out the ball-peen hammer, and... I'll stop there. I'll just note that Ebert gave it a "no stars" rating.

Those scenes linger, even if they are stupid and coarse.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes N/A liked this post