First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Oh, nope nope nope. Never watching that again. The only good thing I can say about that movie is that it gave me a glimpse of what it might be like to suffer from psychosis.
    Eraserhead is an interesting take on fatherhood, for sure.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"Whatever happened to Baby Jane" with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. It's more creepy than scary and it's not the movie but the actresses. Both of them scare me; they've got those creepy Steve Buscemi eyes.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes BadOctopus, windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Tellenbach, BadOctopus, windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I love Steve Buscemi.

But yeah, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? was freaky. I always remember the part where Bette Davis serves Joan Crawford her dead bird under a covered platter.
    Likes windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Great find!!

I've been thinking about what makes a movie "disturbing" for me, and I was looking through the list, and there are quite a few that I've watched, but I can't recall any one *scene* that imprinted in my mind, for a lot of them. Which...is disturbing....about what it perhaps says about my mind and how it interprets and reacts to things. Threshold of "disturbing", as it were.

I had watched A Serbian Film years ago, and for the life of me, I can't remember any one scene that stood out as truly horrific or memorable due to its horrific-ness. I vaguely remember a scene where

I think that's the thing about this film; it's that it is so gory, without very little exploration of the human pyche, that it all just melds into one giant gore-fest, which can be easily forgettable, for me.
    I don't know if this was run of the mill internet tough guy stuff or if you actually meant it. If you were being serious here, I think it says more about you than the movie lol.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. It's more creepy than scary and it's not the movie but the actresses. Both of them scare me; they've got those creepy Steve Buscemi eyes.
    Yesss .... Creepy movie and creepy(-looking) actresses. It's their huge, wide eyes with lots of white around the pupils. Those eyes plus the lighting, shot in black and white: creeeeepy.

For me, that scene of them on the beach, at the end, creeps me out the most.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

It's not a movie, but the theme from "Unsolved Mysteries" in combination with Robert Stack's voice gives me creepy chills, and when it was running on TV, I couldn't watch it when alone in the house. That music gives me the willies even today.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I don't know if this was run of the mill internet tough guy stuff or if you actually meant it. If you were being serious here, I think it says more about you than the movie lol.
    No, seriously, I can't remember any particularly horrific scenes. I watched it a few years ago, and I do watch a lot of horror and gore, so maybe it just meshed into one giant bloody blob. I remember thinking it was utterly stupid, though! Which might be why I tuned it out, on some level.

I am quite puzzled by why I can't really recall it!

E.g., I can still vividly recall Rosemary's Baby, and how disturbed I was by the whole vibe of the movie, the mood. It lingered with me, for days. And there was no explicit gore. Just...the anticipation...the build....

I'm trying to find other movies in the same vein. And, A Serbian Film is so not it.

I think there's something to be said for subtlety, and the art of a mindfuck, through taking your fear on an emotional journey. Not just a visual journey.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Haven't watched Rosemary's Baby for years, but yes, talk about the slow build and the creepy mood/ambiance... And yeah, there really isn't a lot of overt crap going on. But lots of surreal unease.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Default Logan's Run