• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Adult Swim - What do you think?

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't get what keeps me watching these shows. Loiter Squad is on, and the only reason I'm watching is because Tyler the Creator is an amazingly depraved rapper. Anyone else like this segment? Why?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't seen too much of that, but I like Tim and Eric, who many people despise. It matches my sense of humor pretty well. It doesn't always work, but when it does, I bust a gut. (Also, they're from Philly and went to the same college as my sister.)

I also got to see the movie in theaters, and it was awesome. An excellent parody of Hollywood and malls. They do an excellent job of satirizing the more inane aspects of American culture of the 80's, 90's and the new millenium without being sanctimonious. They even had a special taking on the holiday season!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my boyfriend likes it. i think it's stupid.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't care much for Loiter Squad specifically but I like a lot of what's on Adult Swim including Tim & Eric. My brother and I are calling everybody "ya dingus" lately.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I loved The Boondocks until this last season. It just wasn't the same without Aaron McGruder.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How can anyone not love this?

The guy in the video even looks like my Dad at circa late 80's. I remember a Tandy computer that was hooked up to the TV, but seemed to be, from what I remember, complicated to set up. There were like two games on it.

I could use that!

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
How can anyone not love this?

The guy in the video even looks like my Dad at circa late 80's. I remember a Tandy computer that was hooked up to the TV, but seemed to be, from what I remember, complicated to set up. There were like two games on it.

I could use that!

I wasn't too impressed with Loiter Squad once I was done. I'm not too impressed by their non-cartoon shows. To me, the best are: Superjail!, Family Guy, American Dad (sometimes) and Aquateen. Robot Chicken can be okay, but it's made for stoners. It's all cut-aways.

á´…eparted

passages
Some of the stuff Adult Swim puts on is amazing :D

I also like their style. When I had cable, I had it on pretty much every night.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^The Heart She Holler was one of the most surreal things I have ever seen.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i used to like it. now it's lame. dr. steve brule really drives the uneducated-imbecile character john c. reilley has created into the ground. the production further beats the dead horse by creating the aesthetic of poor direction/editing*. it could be funny, but it's hugely overdone. the level of effort that goes into making it bad is practically insulting to its audience. that is; they overshoot "jocular irony," bypass "annoyingly overproduced" land clear down the firing line into "we think you're so dumb or stoned or both, if we didn't make it so obvious, you might think this was a real educational show and tune away"

tim and eric are no better, they just have a different theme.

i don't mind the fact that it's so much live-action these days, but it is an interesting coincidence that all the live-action shows showed on adult swim now suck in the same way.

*is it supposed to look like a home video; a program someone recorded on their VCR? do the kids that watch this show even remember what a VCR is? or is it supposed to look like the production team recorded over used tapes?
it's not funny, it's just retarded. retarded things *can* be funny, and this is a prime example of one that is definitely not.