First 12

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I've been catfished before the term was coined. I was in a year and a half relationship where I talked to the lad every day, multiple times a day. I had over 100 pictures of him, and 30 of his intimate bits (definitely the same lad). Any plans to meet were fouled by supposed family health issues or personal health issues. We didn't video chat because I don't believe I had a webcam and I was also very self conscious.
    Turned out instead of being a 23 year old skinny white boy with asthma, it was a 27 year old obese lesbian that sounded like a said boy. Don't know why she lied and led me on. Tried to speak to her for two weeks after but found out most of what she told me was bs, so it killed all the feelings.

I hadn't watched the show, maybe avoiding it. I just started a last month and caught the very first documentary first, when I thought I was catching a random episode. Now I am hooked and with it weekly. I find it interesting because most of the people right their wrongs when confronted, and most of them have reasons they didn't previously examine. It's just a shame that people do this to one another. I'm also surprised that the people being catfished arrant furious enough to tell and almost fight, but also I do remember the feelings I felt, which were hard to really put into actions or know what to do with .
    I am surprised by the stories where the people are legit, but still don't think they are reasonable
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Turned out instead of being a 23 year old skinny white boy with asthma, it was a 27 year old obese lesbian that sounded like a said boy. Don't know why she lied and led me on. Tried to speak to her for two weeks after but found out most of what she told me was bs, so it killed all the feelings.
    Crazy shit yo... How did you end up finding out?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've definitely seen this show before. Those reveals though......wow. The people that are getting catfished on the show, I don't think are using much common sense. Like, in one episode a guy was describing the "hot girl" as being too good to be true. If someone is automatically adding you as a friend and they don't know anyone you know or you've never heard of them, that's probably a warning sign.

As for the people that do catfish, you can't help but feel sort of bad for them. They need help though. More than likely, they're struggling with something from their entire life and just don't know how to deal with it, so leading on a unrealistic relationship with someone makes them feel complete.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I saw 2 episodes.. seems like the show's a bit scripted and fake, some stories are real..

I'm kinda ashamed people like that exist. But, they seem to shoot people from the outskirts of society.. like families from the prairie farms of the U.S. overly exaggerated (or maybe people like that do exist?).

It's like a longer drawn out version of Jerry Springer, except the film guy is a total narcissist. I love how he likes to film himself with his shirt unbottoned and scruffy hair looks like he rolled out of bed and tries to look like a bad boy but just looks like a total douche! He probably ejaculates on himself just filming himself.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by RedruM View Post
    Crazy shit yo... How did you end up finding out?
    If I remember right, "he" told me names of friends and I managed to track down their myspace accounts. I looked through their friend lists to see if anyone resonated and one struck me as off, but I didn't think much of it.
    "He" then disappeared for a few months while we were dating, and came back, which is when I did more recon and noticed that "his" AIM tag line about three days of working at walmart matched that profile I found sketchy word for word. I confronted with a link to the profile asking why there were strange similarities between "him" and this girl. Bam answer.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance