• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2014 FIFA World Cup

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
10325179_463816043762278_383111940355861317_n.jpg

Coincidence? You decide.

R

Riva

10325179_463816043762278_383111940355861317_n.jpg

Coincidence? You decide.

Can you translate? Too lazy to google.

I would have assumed all teams you have mentioned failed to pass the group stages after the winning the cup in the year you have mentioned but from what i recall brazil got selected to the finals of the 98 cup.....

Omgosh 24 years!

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you translate? Too lazy to google.

I would have assumed all teams you have mentioned failed to pass the group stages after the winning the cup in the year you have mentioned but from what i recall brazil got selected to the finals of the 98 cup.....

Omgosh 24 years!
Both Italy and Brazil won their 4th title 24 years after the 3rd. If the conspiracy trend continues, Germany will win it this time.

R

Riva

Both Italy and Brazil won their 4th title 24 years after the 3rd. If the conspiracy trend continues, Germany will win it this time.

Oh yeah i figured out the 24 aspect but didn't recall the 4th title aspect

I though you were replying to sk's question and nico's reply.

I confused the german uniform with the spanish.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Not sure if real... Has anyone seen that on tv?

Nicodemus

Not sure if real... Has anyone seen that on tv?
Given that these two do not look like Bedoya and Jones, I doubt it is real.

In other news: Germany did not beat Ghana. But Klose is only one more goal away from an all-time record.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
lol don't feel bad

It's just that people be talking bout strategies about man running after a ball and I'm standing there all like
neil-degrasse-tyson-consfused_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

hehe Yes. I try, I really try and I have watched at least some of several games. It just doesn't grab me and I chalk that up to not having been exposed to it from infancy.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just doesn't grab me and I chalk that up to not having been exposed to it from infancy.
Where I live, soccer's the national sport, so it's been around practically my whole life. And let me tell you: It's fucking boring.

R

Riva

If USA beats Germany, Portugal beat USA and Ghana, Germany will be out of the tournament.

Am I underestimating the German national team or it is football and it could very much happen?

Well atleast the Dutch team made it through to the elimination round.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
If USA beats Germany, Portugal beat USA and Ghana, Germany will be out of the tournament.

Am I underestimating the German national team or it is football and it could very much happen?

Doesn't seem very likely for Germany to lose against the USA, but of course anything can happen.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Doesn't seem very likely for Germany to lose against the USA, but of course anything can happen.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another great match. I bet the Germans are happy with the result.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I was surprised. When I first started watching it on the Univision feed, Portugal seemed much more in control of the situation. I also saw a guy in the stands dressed as Teddy Roosevelt for some reason.

I didn't realize these things could end in ties. American sports usually just go into overtime, or can even last forever.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
US looked good.
I was impressed. I went into the game ready to support Portugal, but the positive attitude of the USA team made me a fan. I liked how they turned around from that rather unfortunate first goal. Most sides would let their heads drop with something like that and would sulk through the next 30 minutes.

I've been impressed overall with some of the enthusiasm the 'lesser' football nations have shown in their play. They've made some of the top sides look like lazy, arrogant prima donnas ripe for the picking.

Qre:us

I didn't realize these things could end in ties. American sports usually just go into overtime, or can even last forever.

World Cup has two stages:
- Group Stage
- Knockout stage

These were not the knockout stage, but the group stage, so it results in only determining points. Win = 3 pts, tie = 1 pt, and loss = 0 pt. So, ties are accepted. Now, the knockout stage will start - June 28th. Here, ties are not accepted. If ties happen, they will go into overtime, and even if that fails to break a tie, then there's shootouts.