-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Go USA!
    I'm for my neighbour country tonight, but from what I've seen so far, I think it can go either way. Belgium has some pretty good players but so far their games havent been all that amazing. I think USA plays a little bit more consistent.

edit: Though watching the game so far, USA isnt chasing the ball enough and are allowing the belgians to play way too much and way too close to their own goal. So far it looks in favor of the belgians. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Hup USA Hup!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

ehhh...go belgium? *tries out this patriotic thing*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I think belgium is probably the least patriotic country in the world. Normally I'd applaud such behaviour if it wasn't completely grounded. :P

Well, I should not scrutinize belgium too much though. Whilest I absolutely hate Brussel. I think Antwerpen is great and I've enjoyed traveling through the ardennes. Brugge and Gent are a bit too old for my taste though. Well, I've had fun in Brugge at least, but it did involve a lot of beer and a couple of Kwakje's and my life's experiences at the time didn't count for much. :P

edit: The ball needs to go in the goal belgians, not the players. xD

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think belgium is probably the least patriotic country in the world. Normally I'd applaud such behaviour if it wasn't completely grounded. :P

Well, I should not scrutinize belgium too much though. Whilest I absolutely hate Brussel. I think Antwerpen is great and I've enjoyed traveling through the ardennes. Brugge and Gent are a bit too old for my taste though. Well, I've had fun in Brugge at least, but it did involve a lot of beer and a couple of Kwakje's and my life's experiences at the time didn't count for much. :P

edit: The ball needs to go in the goal belgians, not the players. xD
    ANTWERP RULEZ!

(see, we do go patriotic for our hometowns )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

ANTWERP RULEZ!

(see, we do go patriotic for our hometowns )
    You say that but to the people from Brussels as well? I mean, everytime I go to Brussels (And I go there a lot for work), I only every see chagrined faces. It's like the whole city is one big depression sometimes. :P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

My brother now lives in Gent. I got him the Xenophobe's Guide To The Belgians for Christmas and one of the few things I remember from the book is that it said that the Belgians are almost ostentatiously unpatriotic. If they are anything like their neighbors the Germans, they are secretly proud of how un-proud they are

That being said, while I have nothing against Belgium , I'm rooting for the US, it would be fun to see them advance and really get into the game (part of the secret plan to europanize them and then take over their country and turn it into a Soviet republic, Ann Coulter was right after all)

PS: He absolutely loves it there (Gent that is)!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    My brother now lives in Gent. I got him the Xenophobe's Guide To The Belgians for Christmas and one of the few things I remember from the book is that it said that the Belgians are almost ostentatiously unpatriotic. If they are anything like their neighbors the Germans, they are secretly proud of how un-proud they are

That being said, while I have nothing against Belgium , I'm rooting for the US, it would be fun to see them advance and really get into the game (part of the secret plan to europanize them and then take over their country and turn it into a Soviet republic, Ann Coulter was right after all)

PS: He absolutely loves it there (Gent that is)!
    The belgians have dominated pretty much most of the game so far, but the ball has to end up in the goal or that doesn't matter, so who knows. Even now it can still go either way.

But I think the belgians deserve it more for this game. The americans havent been chasing the ball much at all and have been entirely dependant on trying to counter. Counters which haven't been particularly strong either.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You say that but to the people from Brussels as well? I mean, everytime I go to Brussels (And I go there a lot for work), I only every see chagrined faces. It's like the whole city is one big depression sometimes. :P
    Don't forget that Brussels is...complicated. It's a flemish city turned walloon turned Brusselois turned international capital of the EU coz we are a tiny country that happens to be in the centre of Europe, buffering the big dicks of France, The Netherlands, Germany and the UK. Most of them have the rep of being arrogant Brusselois though, so they do have their pride - they're just known for being cynically elitist about it

@Red Herring : yeahhhhh...I personally pride myself on only knowing the first two sentences of our national anthem

Honestly, I find myself rooting for Belgium just because I don't want to get any gloating americans on my doorstep as they know I'm belgian

Patriotism has nothing to do with it

And Gent has an amazing, young, trendy feel to it due to being a student's town, so I can imagine him absolutely loving it. Their cultural heritage is also very much worth checking out
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★