First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    China, Russia, Germany, and Belgium would be the real group of death.

That's surprising about Belgium. I'd heard about Belgian atrocities in the Congo of course (which inspired Heart of Darkness, which inspired Apocalypse Now), but I didn't realize the figure was that high.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

At the same time scolding foreigners for what's a national shame for you seems, idk, a bit too little too late. If you're going to attach yourself to a national identity that's going to come at some cost and bearing the shame of past national sins is part of that. Attacking foreigners almost seems like a means of shifting blame. "What do you mean I started it? You invaded Poland."

My country did horrible things to people. Shit, we're the only ones to do the unimaginable and drop the bomb.

Idk, maybe we make light of other countries' monstrosities to ease our own collective conscience.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    That's surprising about Belgium. I'd heard about Belgian atrocities in the Congo of course (which inspired Heart of Darkness, which inspired Apocalypse Now), but I didn't realize the figure was that high.
    Yeah, our king at the time kind of saw Congo as his personal playground, unfortunately.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

We really should pull this back around to the WC. Instead of talking about national shame let's talk about national heroes like that great American Christiano Ronaldo!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Man, Chile was supposed to be easy. Disappointing performance by Brazil, but a very exciting match.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Man, Chile was supposed to easy. Disappointing performance by Brazil, but a very exciting match.
    Congratulations!

Unfortunately, I could only follow the game online. It must have been very exiting though and yes, apparently Chile was really good and gave Brazil a run for their money. I was rooting for the host though, so I'm perfectly fine with the result.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Congratulations!

Unfortunately, I could only follow the game online. It must have been very exiting though and yes, apparently Chile was really good and gave Brazil a run for their money. I was rooting for the host though, so I'm perfectly fine with the result.

An eventual Brazil x Germany on the semifinals would be amazing, though I'm not exactly hoping for it! Currently, Netherlands, Germany and Argentina are playing considerably better than Brazil.

Best penalty thriller I have ever seen. (Edit - I forgot the 2006 final.)

Without considering Neymar's penalty kick goal, I must confess I was impressed by his performance although he couldn't score any goals. (Yes yes I have never seen him play before.) Lolz what if he slipped and fell when he was doing his little dance before he shot at the goal? That would have been the end of his career.

Feel sorry for that muscle dude Hulk. Not only was his goal denied, he was unlucky enough to miss out on his penalty.

Two different players he and Neymar seem to be.

Also, why is Hulk so bulky/masculine? I don't see why he needs all those muscles to be a football player.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Best penalty thriller I have ever seen. (Edit - I forgot the 2006 final.)
    I have no fingernails left.

I felt bad for Chile. They played so well.

Also, why is Hulk so bulky/masculine? I don't see why he needs all those muscles to be a football player.
    Because he's the Hulk

But how good was that goal by James Rodriguez in Colombia vs. Uruguay? Incredible! He's now the lead goal scorer.

INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Brazil's shootout win over Chile made everyone cry | Dirty Tackle - Yahoo Sports

Things got really tense after Chile scored. I've never seen my dad & brothers cussing so much, lol. I don't have much emotional investment on it, but soccer is serious business for a number of Brazilians.