123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Jupiter Ascending

Well... I can't say THAT'S a good sign...

Just six weeks ahead of its planned release, the Wachowskis' space thriller "Jupiter Ascending" has been postponed to 2015.

Warner Bros. announced the date change late Tuesday. The movie, with a budget of $150 million or more and starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis, will now open Feb. 6 instead of July 18.

It's a stunning and unusual move for a high-profile film so close to release. "Jupiter Ascending," which Warner Bros. co-financed with Village Roadshow, will bounce out of the lucrative but high-pressure summer movie season and into early February, often a dumping ground for troubled movies.

Andy and Lana Wachowski have a checkered box-office track record. Though their "Matrix" trilogy was a huge hit, their "Cloud Atlas" and "Speed Racer" both flopped at the box office.
    'Jupiter Ascending' Release Postponed to 2015 - ABC News

The trailers have looked a little sketchy. I'd really like to see the Wachowskis hit something out of the park again, but I'm not sure this will be it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, no responses back in June and that pretty much sums up the current buzz for this movie.

I saw a bunch of trailers last spring (for the initial summer 2014 date), and now have heard nothing promotionally despite this coming out in a month and it costing $175 million to make or whatever it cost.

It doesn't seem to bode well.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I think the cast stinks. Chad Tatum no doubt is a good looking man but can't act and the same goes for that young lady.

They should have picked Tom Hardy and some other female to play the role.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, no responses back in June and that pretty much sums up the current buzz for this movie.

I saw a bunch of trailers last spring (for the initial summer 2014 date), and now have heard nothing promotionally despite this coming out in a month and it costing $175 million to make or whatever it cost.

It doesn't seem to bode well.
    I saw a trailer for in front of a showing of Inherent Vice last week. Jupiter Ascending looks hackneyed and stupid; I bet it was pushed back because in tests it rated very poorly. It certainly looks like a $175,000,000 turd.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I saw a trailer for in front of a showing of Inherent Vice last week. Jupiter Ascending looks hackneyed and stupid; I bet it was pushed back because in tests it rated very poorly. It certainly looks like a $175,000,000 turd.
    I wasn't impressed by last year's trailer, I'll note that as well.

Kind of a shame. I'd like to see the Wachowskis make a decent movie again. Probably their best two movies ever were their first two (although Cloud Atlas is messy but glorious, if it's the kind of thing one is into).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

A friend of mine said that the test audiences laughed all the way through this movie even though it isn't a comedy so it was sent back to be edited and re-shot so that it might look serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Hmm. The trailer doesn't look like good chemistry, but I'd see it, since I seem desparate these days for any sci-fi.

"In this week’s edition of the Variety Movie Commercial Tracker, powered by iSpot.tv, “Jupiter Ascending” displaced “American Sniper” with the top TV ad spend, laying out an estimated $10.3 million on 972 national airings across 46 networks, led by MTV and Comedy Central."
    ~‘Jupiter Ascending’ Rises to Top of TV Ad Spend Chart | Variety

A sign of a big ad spend for a short hit in the box office, as fast and hard as possible? We shall see.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Jupiter ascending to Uranus; Saturn is jealous.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Jupiter ascending to Uranus; Saturn is jealous.
    Just keep that Venus away from Uranus. That could be a galactic nightmare.

Likes Cellmold liked this post

I don't expect very much of this movie, but I normally don't expect much from the Wachowskis, either. They have interesting ideas but then they bury those ideas under layer after layer of distractions.

Then again, I thought Speed Racer was awesome, so I'm probably not one to judge their talents.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari