MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well... this probably isn't good.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/jupit...071509306.html

The Sundance Film Festival isn’t a typical launchpad for studio blockbusters, but Warner Bros. surprised theater-goers on Tuesday night by unveiling the Wachowski sibling’s “Jupiter Ascending” at a “surprise screening.”

The invitation-only event, which was not billed as a premiere, was the first time “Jupiter Ascending” was shown to the public...

Despite the hype of a secret screening, clusters of seats inside the 300-person venue remained empty, and a handful of patrons walked out of the two-hour-plus space epic... The Wachowski’s flair was fully on display, with sequences reminiscent of “The Matrix” or “Star Wars.” But when the film ended, the usually gracious Sundance audience didn’t clap at the closing credits.

“I hated it,” said one of the festival’s volunteers, who asked not to be identified for fear of irking Sundance. “It’s just ridiculous.”

Her husband was more forgiving. “It’s a combination of a whole bunch of things wrapped into one,” he said.

Neville Kiser, a screenwriter, thought the movie was hurt by the fact that it was debuting at a venue for highbrow films. “I actually liked it,” Kiser said. “But the Sundance context is weird. There were so many people in the audience scoffing and sneering. They are forgetting they are watching a movie targeted primarily to teenage boys. I’m sure those 15-year-old boys, and hopefully girls, will like it.”
    Okay, so it's obviously not something appealing to Sundance attendees. Critics weren't invited, and reviews are embargoed until Monday night.

Maybe if expectations are realistic, it could still be a fun watch.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Then again, I thought Speed Racer was awesome, so I'm probably not one to judge their talents.
    I still need to see that. The property itself is kind of campy all on its own, so that's part of the expectation or should be.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ooooo I wanna watch this.

Mila Kunis doesn't look like a damsel in distress though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The trailer doesn't look too bad.

But i think Eddie Redmayne seems the most interesting.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, and so this happened:
    ‘Jupiter Ascending’ Review: In Space, No One Can Hear You Shrug | Variety

RT score: 36%

But who cares? It looks like it might still be a lot of fun.
    It's just too bad their budget is likely to be cut after this.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I'm going to watch it myself. Screw RT. Mila Kunis... eehh I've seen her without makeup... That other guy? Don't really know him or his work. Saw the trailer though, looks like great visuals. I was intrigued by that energy shield thingy he was wielding and blocking shots with. The storyline, seems intriguing. mostly the backstory.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I got some strong secondhand embarrassment watching that trailer tbh. mila kunis should stick to comedy and channing tatum should stick to dancing.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I liked Mila Kunis in "Black Swan" (I thought she played that part effectively), but otherwise I haven't really been that interested in her screen appearances. I felt like she made it big because of her dusky voice and how good she looks on film. *shrug*

Kind of indifferent to Tatum, although I have not seen him in Foxcatcher yet.

Big fan of Eddie Redmayne.

I miss the good ol' days of casting, like the Matrix. Crap. The non-US actors were established stars in their native countries before then, but i thought they were awesome and brought a lot to this movie:

- Gloria Foster
    - Monica Belluci
    - Helmut Bakaitis
    - Lambert Wilson

And then of course they ended being breakout roles for Hugo Weaving (at least on the blockbuster scale) and Carrie Anne Moss. She had been in a few minor things previously, but she ended up being an unexpected treasure there (far more an actor than Kunis). She held her own with all the established actors in the movie.

Likes Gamine liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Funniest comment I've seen so far about this movie:

It's like the sick love-child of Zardoz and Fifth Element.
    I had no clue what Zardoz was, so I looked it up. Dear god.

In any case, I still plan to see this this weekn sometime, just for the thrills.

EDIT: "Rotten Tomatoes Deems Jupiter Ascending Five Times better than Seventh Son!"

Likes Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    864 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I had no clue what Zardoz was, so I looked it up. Dear god.

What? What? Why have I never heard of this? It's so weird. I must watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    EDIT: "Rotten Tomatoes Deems Jupiter Ascending Five Times better than Seventh Son!"
    LOL

I'll wait for the DVD.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

oh man who ever put chad tatum and that girl together should be fired. This movie might initially do good but it's dvd sales are going to be so bad it's ridiculous! my vote for worst movie ever.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes chickpea liked this post