User Tag List

Thread: Has anyone else read the comic strip Prince Valiant by Hal Foster?

Default Has anyone else read the comic strip Prince Valiant by Hal Foster?

It is a beautifully illustrated comic strip. There was a movie in the 50's based on it and a 90's animated series. Some of the plot devices are repeated and the strip is unrealistic but the illustrations are amazing. Foster has an eye for form and details.
    "It's hard for them to simper and bow without heads." - Littlefinger

"A man with great ambition and no morals, I wouldn't bet against you." -Varys

Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.- Machiavelli

The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.- Hobbes

HP House: Slytherin
    GOT House: Lannister

Social Impure

6w5 sp/sx

I remember coming back home from school to ditch my friends on Friday afternoon's just to get my weekly dosage of the 90's cartoon. Strangely enough that you just posted, I just finished watching the entire 50+ episodes recently (about 2 weeks ago) for the first time on Youtube. The show's emphasis on friendship and moral dilemmas can never bore me.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

until you're fully grown Array Holy's Avatar

I read it a little when I was younger. I remember it gave me a kind of wistful feeling. Maybe it was all the chivalry.
    I had no idea it was a show. Gives me something to look forward to though, so thanks to the both of you, for reminding me about it.
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so