User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTp

Me! And season two is shaping up to be as good as season one so far. I love the bad guys in this series. They've got a lot of panache.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    Me! And season two is shaping up to be as good as season one so far. I love the bad guys in this series. They've got a lot of panache.
    Don't they just? Within the first few scenes of Culkin and Donovan, I knew this season would be great. Also, I love how Howley casts the main police characters - he knows how to choose actors that appear modest and wholesome. They fit their roles really well.

I'm looking forward to the Blumquist sub-plot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, if anyone has netflix and doesn't live in Northern Europe, you should switch to a country in that region since each episode is available a day (I think) after it airs on TV. It's also in English and 1080p.
    Night is another candle

it started????????????????????????????????????

Edit - I watched the first episode. So far so good. I just hope it doesn't turn into another True Detective sort of second season disaster.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I started watching at Episode 5 of this season. Then I immediately said..why the fuck did I not watch this from the beginning?? I have to finish Season 1 but I'm caught up on this season. Awesome show, I love it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Brilliant (as is this entire show):

@Bellflower (Jennywocky?) If so meet jaberwocky
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I started watching at Episode 5 of this season. Then I immediately said..why the fuck did I not watch this from the beginning?? I have to finish Season 1 but I'm caught up on this season. Awesome show, I love it.

You fool!!

Truth is, and hopefully this isn't a spoiler, is that this show works like True Detective, each new season is a whole new beast, new characters actors, even time periods.

So watching the first season has virtually ZERO bearing on the second.

And yeah, isn't this show incredible?? The music, the characters, the adorable politeness of Wisconsin/North Dakotans mixed with extreme graphic violence, the surreal originality, the music!! did I mention that already?

With True Detective, I didn't think it was humanly possible to make the second season as good. I was right. With Fargo season 1, I thought the same. I was WAY wrong.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    You fool!!

Truth is, and hopefully this isn't a spoiler, is that this show works like True Detective, each new season is a whole new beast, new characters actors, even time periods.

So watching the first season has virtually ZERO bearing on the second.

And yeah, isn't this show incredible?? The music, the characters, the adorable politeness of Wisconsin/North Dakotans mixed with extreme graphic violence, the surreal originality, the music!! did I mention that already?

With True Detective, I didn't think it was humanly possible to make the second season as good. I was right. With Fargo season 1, I thought the same. I was WAY wrong.
    I love the music. Of course, it's 1979, I remember that music very well, I really liked that reboot of Run Through The Jungle at the end of this weeks epi. I agree with you completely about Fargo/True Detective. There are connections but the first seasons don't impact the second and I like that idea. The show is amazing, the characters are complex and even though that accent is mimicked, they nailed the Upper Midwest personalities and lifestyle.

I laughed so hard when Mike Milligan showed up. He surveyed the scene and was like - oh ok, nothing much to do/see here, back in the car.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I love the music. Of course, it's 1979, I remember that music very well, I really liked that reboot of Run Through The Jungle at the end of this weeks epi. I agree with you completely about Fargo/True Detective. There are connections but the first seasons don't impact the second and I like that idea. The show is amazing, the characters are complex and even though that accent is mimicked, they nailed the Upper Midwest personalities and lifestyle.

I laughed so hard when Mike Milligan showed up. He surveyed the scene and was like - oh ok, nothing much to do/see here, back in the car.
    Ha, I'll have to get back to you on Mike Milligan, I'm only on episode 8 where the Blumpquists (what a great name) have Dodd tied up in the cabin. Hilarious.

This show is just so rich. There's several shows I'm watching that are simply great (Ash vs. Evil Dead for one), but this one is up there with Season 1 True Detective, like, it's just a masterpiece in every way. Timeless. I may have to go spank my monkey just thinking about the brilliant cinematography alone

I wonder what they are going to do in season 3.

I thought season 2 would have a conclusion. Yes it did have a conclusion to the issue/story but the stories of the characters were far from over.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm getting annoyed with the constant verbatim callback to the movies title credits "this is a true story" gag. It was clever the first time, but come on people. I'm also unimpressed with the faux Minnesota acting and accents. The movie was much more subtle and convincing.

A+ for period costumes and sets though. Also like the editing and the general cinematography direction. Plot and story are solid too.