User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Don't know what you said, but I believed in a soul until I was in my mid/late 30's, then realized I had no actual evidence. So now I have to admit I really don't know. Which I think is true. No one can prove a soul exists, it's just an assumption that people take for granted. But I don't think sacred cows should exist, if we want to remain honest about the nature of life. It would be horrible to make certain beings into second-class citizens or treated as "not as real/authentic" simply because someone decided they are lacking in something that can't even be shown to exist.
    Oh hee! I said it wasn't just an INFP movie more of a NF/NT because it was much deeper than a romance meet sci-fi. Then I overthought it and it may have come across as hurtful to sensors insinuating they were not deep, which I don't believe is true at all, NTs bc they can be romantic. I think too much about silly things like that.

I wasn't raised religious but went through a religious period, atheist period, back to agnostic...to now a bit more spiritual. I probably won't settle here either, who knows.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Do animals have souls?
    Yes! But they can be cloned...
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Do animals have souls?
    I don't know.

Can you explain why souls are necessary?

(I propose that souls were created because people want to believe in an afterlife, and when the physical body dies, there has to be a soul/spirit to survive to GO to the afterlife. It came backwards. Because if you just observe living creatures, you see them live and die. There is nothing to indicate an intangible eternal element that cannot be explained as part of the physical. But if you want to believe your loved one will continue to live, then now they must have a spirit or soul... it's assumed as a necessary part of life after death, if the body is not resurrected.)

Of course, if you believe animals (let's say mammals) have souls, is it murder to kill and eat them? They're not just static consumable foodstuffs.

Let me tie that back into the AI -- especially if they had "souls," then wouldn't it be slavery to force them to act as your operating system?

Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    Oh hee! I said it wasn't just an INFP movie more of a NF/NT because it was much deeper than a romance meet sci-fi. Then I overthought it and it may have come across as hurtful to sensors insinuating they were not deep, which I don't believe is true at all, NTs bc they can be romantic. I think too much about silly things like that.

I wasn't raised religious but went through a religious period, atheist period, back to agnostic...to now a bit more spiritual. I probably won't settle here either, who knows.
    Ah, got it.

And sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I figured I might as well state my opinion on souls, since it's part of how people might process the movie.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I don't know.

Can you explain why souls are necessary?

(I propose that souls were created because people want to believe in an afterlife, and when the physical body dies, there has to be a soul/spirit to survive to GO to the afterlife.)
    To explain their intelligence that is greater than other animals... to set themselves apart from animals.. don't really know...

Some cultures might attribute animals with souls and spirits though...

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    No one can prove a soul exists, it's just an assumption that people take for granted.
    POSSIBLE APPLICATION OF SILICON PHOTOMULTIPLIER TECHNOLOGY TO DETECT THE
    PRESENCE OF SPIRIT AND INTENTION
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

well, measuring the weight of the spirit to 21 grams didn't work out so well.... extreme measures must be taken.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

It says certain mediums called upon spirits and then the crew measured an increase in photons in the immediate area...

What does increased sum of photons imply?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

... spooks, apparently.

... spooks, apparently.
    There stilk seems to be some kind of phenomena there....

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

There stilk seems to be some kind of phenomena there....
    If there is, then what it is? There are many many possibilities, but it looks like you're happy to believe it's one particular one.