User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Aleria View Post
    I play piano and keyboard since I was 10, acoustic guitar since I was 16, and flute since I was 18... Recently I discovered a little talent for singing after joining my university's choir, I was told my range is impressive several times (C3 - Eb7, and I'm a coloratura soprano)... I'd like to train more and have more technique, but I'm currently struggling with time and money...
    It is a tragedy that people aren't able to develop their talents or even discover them.
    I am in the same boat, I took one singing lesson and the teacher was impressed with my range and that was just notes I didn't have to try very hard to hit.
    I only have money to pay for rent and a little left over for food, nothing else. Nothing for me, just feel like i'm existing, it's hell.
    Art should be nurtured in people in every society and not let it be put on the back burner due to lack of money or time!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."(Albert Einstein)
    I read or heard in a documentary that as a kid, Jimi Hendrix, wanted a guitar so bad it was psychologically damaging him.
    Now, I think I know what you tried to say to me
    And how you suffered for your sanity
    And how you tried to set them free
    They would not listen, they're not listening still
    Perhaps they never will...

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce Bringsteen View Post
    It is a tragedy that people aren't able to develop their talents or even discover them.
    I am in the same boat, I took one singing lesson and the teacher was impressed with my range and that was just notes I didn't have to try very hard to hit.
    I only have money to pay for rent and a little left over for food, nothing else. Nothing for me, just feel like i'm existing, it's hell.
    Art should be nurtured in people in every society and not let it be put on the back burner due to lack of money or time!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."(Albert Einstein)
    I read or heard in a documentary that as a kid, Jimi Hendrix, wanted a guitar so bad it was psychologically damaging him.
    You understand me... The situation is really frustrating...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I'm an amateur pianist and composition and music history student at university. I can sing as well, bass baritone voice, but I stopped practicing that from age 14 to focus more on piano.

I have just started composing more seriously this year. I hate the computer software most people use for composing (Sibelius etc), and write on manuscript with a pencil and rubber instead lol. As a result of the assignments I've been set to do, I have been writing movements for violin and piano and piano trio, which I hope I can turn into larger, multi-movement works later. I can play piano up to a grade 8 level at the moment but I am trying to increase that so I can play my own compositions.

My favourite composers are Beethoven, Schubert and Schumann. I am interested in the period of history from 1800 to 1850 - the Napoleonic Wars and the period after.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I was told my range is impressive several times (C3 - Eb7, and I'm a coloratura soprano)...
    Yikes! Is some of that whistle register?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Yikes! Is some of that whistle register?
    Yes, yes. From D6 and above!

Yes, yes. From D6 and above!
    https://vine.co/v/hmJbxdMqUaI

Like this? Apparently she has a 5 octave vocal range. She is a great singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce Bringsteen View Post
    https://vine.co/v/hmJbxdMqUaI

Like this? Apparently she has a 5 octave vocal range. She is a great singer.

That is beautiful and makes me even more sad/angry that you can't develop your talent
    Have you ever heard/listened to Serena Ryder? I've been really into her for a long time now, her and Nicole Atkins.
    It would be awesome to hear you sing

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Me playing the guitar.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've fiddled with the guitar and piano and haven't minded it. Even like it. Because I don't have a lot of experience with it yet.

But I like to sing above all, I think... and I'm decent at it. My style is like a cross between Ville Valo from HIM and Andy Biersack from BVB.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)

Eclectic Oddball, that I am