User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WhoCares

I play harp I like baroque and folk music mainly. I have a folk harp that floor standing but nowhere near the size of a grand. I'm fairly shit at harp, but I love it anyway and dont ever see myself doing 'musical stuff' on any level than a hobby. But, its my sanity and my peaceful time. So I drag it out every other day and just enjoy.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i sing and like to write. i can play the drums, and would love to get better. i mess around on the guitar and piano. music is a big part of my life.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

LadyLazarus

Yes, guitar.

I haven't played in a few years because I decided to sell my soul in order to do well/ solely focus on school. Also, my guitar broke. I plan to buy a new one and get back into it as soon as summer vacation begins.

I also took a bit of piano and violin a few years back, I've forgotten most/all of it though.

I sing and write lyrics , I can play a guitar, but it's not so good, I learned to play the piano a few years, but I haven't played for really long time

I can play bass well, maybe not like Flea or John Entwistle, but well enough--maybe if I practiced more often. Guitar less so, keyboards just a little. I can also keep a solid beat with drums.

I can't read music but I have a talent for playing by ear.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce Bringsteen View Post
    Anyone feel free to post your music/you playing it.

I love high male voices, not sure if they still call it tenor or not. I am in that range, I really want to learn to sing. My dad's side of the family is all musical. I took 1 singing lesson and introduction basically but I couldn't afford it but she said I had a nice high voice. Hoping I can develop it so it can take me places. I love singing stuff like "Don't Worry Baby" by The Beach Boys, Paul McCartney stuff, Neil Young "I Believe In You" etc, Queen "Nevermore", and trying to sing Brad Delp stuff from Boston, what golden pipes that guy had.

What kind of stuff do you sing? I love listening to choir music BTW, I'm not religious but gospel stuff just kicks some serious butt.
    Ha, sorry, I forgot I had a less feminine avatar when I posted that. I'm female and I sing soprano -- I meant boyish in that when I sing in my church choir, I sound more like an 8-year-old boy soprano than a 23-year-old woman soprano.

I sang the solo part of "Prayer of the Venerable Bede" by Richard Proulx a few years ago -- this is the best recording I could find, so just imagine a much less throaty and vibrato-y voice singing it. (I'm still mad that no one recorded me when I sang it -- my voice cracked on the low C but I nailed it besides that!)

As of now, church stuff is pretty much all that I sing, but I would love to get more acquainted with jazz and bluegrass singing -- bluegrass as I get more acquainted with my mandolin!

I'll post myself singing and playing when I've learned something worth posting

Edit: Closest approximation I've found to my voice is the singer of this 70s progressive rock band called National Health.

Vocals start about six minutes in? Her range is about the same as mine too.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce Bringsteen View Post
    I like some shredding stuff too, when I mean shredding I mostly mean stuff like Alex Skolnick (Testament), Dave Mustaine, Chris Oliva (Savatage), Iron Maiden. I don't really like super shreddy stuff like Ingwie Malmsteen, I do like Jason Becker and Steve Vai though but not too into the super shredding. More ofa 70's type soloer myself like David Gilmour, Ritchie Blackmore, Uli Roth, Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarists, etc.
    I definitely everything that sounds generic too, and rehashed.
    Yeah those loops pedals can be great for learning.
    I was in a band, didn't work out, lead singer/guitarist was a junkie.
    Yeah don't like super shreddy stuff either. When it gets to a point that it's superfast and technical it kind of loses its' melodic appeal (which is why I don't like Dream Theater that much, for instance). I like Jason Becker too and David Gilmoure.
    This song portrays well what I like about electric guitar (melody, shredding etc all in one)

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ha, sorry, I forgot I had a less feminine avatar when I posted that. I'm female and I sing soprano -- I meant boyish in that when I sing in my church choir, I sound more like an 8-year-old boy soprano than a 23-year-old woman soprano.

I sang the solo part of "Prayer of the Venerable Bede" by Richard Proulx a few years ago -- this is the best recording I could find, so just imagine a much less throaty and vibrato-y voice singing it. (I'm still mad that no one recorded me when I sang it -- my voice cracked on the low C but I nailed it besides that!)

As of now, church stuff is pretty much all that I sing, but I would love to get more acquainted with jazz and bluegrass singing -- bluegrass as I get more acquainted with my mandolin!

I'll post myself singing and playing when I've learned something worth posting

Edit: Closest approximation I've found to my voice is the singer of this 70s progressive rock band called National Health.

Vocals start about six minutes in? Her range is about the same as mine too.
    Do you like Curved Air?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    Yeah don't like super shreddy stuff either. When it gets to a point that it's superfast and technical it kind of loses its' melodic appeal (which is why I don't like Dream Theater that much, for instance). I like Jason Becker too and David Gilmoure.
    How about Alex Lifeson?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    How about Alex Lifeson?
    Funny coincidence. I googled him a few days earlier. I was unfamiliar with him, but was gonna check him out on spotify.