• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does no one watch Justified?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found this little gem about 4 years after it's first episode was aired. I'd heard about it, but didn't give it much attention.

After watching, and even re-watching, most of the seasons, I can honestly say it's about as close to genius as it gets.

And I don't say that lightly.

Hell, while I'm at it, does no one watch The Americans? Also, brilliant. I'd like to get a thread going on either one, but maybe TypoC isn't the demographic.

I may bump this thread when people are awake.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched all of Justified, which I agree is brilliant, and I watch The Americans. I like to binge watch things from Netflix or Amazon, so tend to wait until the season is over, but I have peeked in on The Americans a couple of times. Right now I'm hooked on 24.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched all of Justified, which I agree is brilliant, and I watch The Americans. I like to binge watch things from Netflix or Amazon, so tend to wait until the season is over, but I have peeked in on The Americans a couple of times. Right now I'm hooked on 24.

Yay! I can't believe how few people on this forum know about Justified, hell, IRL too. It's a work of art.

Still never gave 24 a shot. Not opposed.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trust me, you will love 24. I promise.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OHMYGOD JUSTIFIED IS AMAZING

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :hifive:
:party2:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My great-great-great grandfather was sheriff of Harlan county.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

OMG, I think I've listened to this song 100 times on my ipod.

And it was written WELL before Justified (at least the original). And in the show, that play it at the most perfect moment (end of season 2, I believe).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OMG, I think I've listened to this song 100 times on my ipod.

And it was written WELL before Justified (at least the original). And in the show, that play it at the most perfect moment (end of season 2, I believe).
Yeah, it gave me chills when they used it on the show! (I think they may have used it at the end of this season as well? Though they may have used a different, non-Paisley version.)

I'm not a huge country fan, but this sort of track is almost enough to make a believer out of me. ;)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some few choice quotes from mostly Art Mullen (though he is but one of MANY awesome characters)

Chief Deputy Art Mullen: [through bullhorn] Assume the position, now! You dumb-ass peckerwoods understand English? On the ground, hillbillies, now!

Karl Hanselman: Next time you're in Cincinnati, come by the gallery. I'll show you my collection. I think you'll be quite surprised.
Raylan Givens: Honestly, I'd rather stick my d**k in a blender.

Art: Let's go find a whore.

Art: That mystery bag thing is giving me a bit of a Marshal stiffy.

Raylan: You think he was telling the truth?
Art: Well he's a bank robber Raylan, why would he lie to me?

Raylan: I know my people.
Art: You're like the hillbilly whisperer. We oughta put you on Oprah.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some few choice quotes from mostly Art Mullen (though he is but one of MANY awesome characters)

Chief Deputy Art Mullen: [through bullhorn] Assume the position, now! You dumb-ass peckerwoods understand English? On the ground, hillbillies, now!

Karl Hanselman: Next time you're in Cincinnati, come by the gallery. I'll show you my collection. I think you'll be quite surprised.
Raylan Givens: Honestly, I'd rather stick my d**k in a blender.

Art: Let's go find a whore.

Art: That mystery bag thing is giving me a bit of a Marshal stiffy.

Raylan: You think he was telling the truth?
Art: Well he's a bank robber Raylan, why would he lie to me?

Raylan: I know my people.
Art: You're like the hillbilly whisperer. We oughta put you on Oprah.
:laugh: Love that guy.

Art Mullen: [talking about who Raylan was with at the bar last night] "I think I would remember if it was me. Unless, of course, you roofied me. Did you roofie me, Raylan?"

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, it gave me chills when they used it on the show! (I think they may have used it at the end of this season as well? Though they may have used a different, non-Paisley version.)

I'm not a huge country fan, but this sort of track is almost enough to make a believer out of me. ;)

It was the Paisley version. I don't like most country, but this kinda stuff with SOUL not just whining about your wife and empty pack of cigarettes, really good stuff out there, but I admit, hard to find.

Song still gives me chills from time to time.

And the "sun comes about about 10 in the morning and goes down around 4" is actually true because of the mountains. I also like how "granny" sold out cheap, and managed to get outta harlan. "I bet they danced them a jig, laughed and sang a new song
Who said we'd never leave Harlan alive"

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate Dewey Crow.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Love that guy.

Art Mullen: [talking about who Raylan was with at the bar last night] "I think I would remember if it was me. Unless, of course, you roofied me. Did you roofie me, Raylan?"

hahaha, yeah, their exchanges are brilliant. Such a witty show, I bet "[smirks]" has never been written into a script as much as this show, or movie.

It's also so damned unique in that it's bust a gut laugh out loud, but then can swing to "holy fucking shit" serious.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was the Paisley version. I don't like most country, but this kinda stuff with SOUL not just whining about your wife and empty pack of cigarettes, really good stuff out there, but I admit, hard to find.

Song still gives me chills from time to time.
Maybe that's why I like bluegrass and older country better...

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate Dewey Crow.

Omg, omg, too many great characters to mention!

Dewey: "I know you think I'm stupid, Boyd. But............................. (very long pause).......... I ain't."

I kinda was hoping Dewey would get away with the heroin and live out his dream of owning an above ground pool.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe that's why I like bluegrass and older country better...

Good song. Steve Earl is amazing too.

Hey pretty baby are you ready for me
Yea It's your good rockin' daddy down from Tennessee

There's a speed trap up ahead in Selma Town
But no local yokel gonna shut me down