• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Gamers

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I use my pc and ps3

pc: I do mostly sim a strategy games such as the sims and civ 5
ps3: games like borderlands, and platformers, rpgs ect. (I don't like fps unless there's a good story and missions)
I do have an snes emulator on my phone which is awesome when in airports

I wouldn't call myself a gamer, just dabbler

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not sure about the entire overworld being in 3D due to the limitations of the 3DS, but I hope so too. Those sections with it in X/Y were gorgeous. They'll probably keep Super Training, to make EV training more accessible. I didn't get much out of Pokemon Amie tbh. I know what you mean about the clothing; one of the reasons I played as a girl is so I could get that trench coat in Lumiose. :D

Oh no no, not that. I mean 3D overworld like how they have it now on the current games. :D Not like so that it gets even more enhanced with the 3D setting - that would burn my eyes haha. Some 3D cutscenes though are definitely going to happen and I can't wait especially since the whole apocalyptic theme towards the end of the game made the whole experience so much more intense. I loved first and second gen but to be honest taking down Team Rocket was kind of underwhelming despite how much attached I am to that organization as villains haha. On the other hand, the following gens kinda went overboard with the whole "extremists trying to change the world" thing so I think Ruby and Sapphire had the perfect idea. Although I never understood Team Aqua as much as I did Team Magma. I can understand wanting to expand land and improve civilization, but expanding the ocean sounds like just making things more difficult. But I'm actually probably gonna get Sapphire anyway because I can't really take the Team Magma uniforms seriously (and I have all my Pokemon from Ruby on my X version already).

I can understand a lot of people not warming up to Pokemon Amie, but I loved it. :cry: It was like Nintendogs but with POKEMON. I dunno haha I even play with my Vileplume/Wigglytuff even though I have max affection with them already. Just a small feature I'm glad they decided to try out.

I'll be TOTALLY peeved if they get rid of Super Training though...it made everything so much easier.

They'll definitely have contests, they were pivotal parts of the games, and almost certainly some form of a Battle Frontier. Fingers crossed the music remixes contain horns, yeah. Best music in the series imo.

I hope they keep the Battle Frontier more or less the same though. The 4th gen Battle Frontier was fun too but I think the 3rd gen Frontier was where they really shined. I especially loved the Battle Dome and Battle Pike! I also want them to include it just because they did a poor job adding post-game content to X and Y. I was disappointed given how much effort they put into it otherwise.

Best music definitely. :yes: My favorite track of the entire franchise in general is the credits theme.

Hope they do a good job of remastering it.

I'm just glad to get to replay an updated version whatever they do... it's my favourite gen, with a great region, storyline and pokemon. Wondering how they'll implement gen VI pokemon and mega evolution, there's some speculation as to what the artwork shows, that it reveals special forms of Groudon & Kyogre or something.

I used to think Johto was my favorite but I dunno. I'm tied between Johto/Hoenn. The whole Hoenn continent is just so tropical and I can't help but be drawn to it. Hopefully these will be even better than HeartGold and SoulSilver because those games definitely beat out FireRed and LeafGreen.

I heard rumors of Grovyle and Swampert getting mega evolutions since Blaziken did, but hopefully E3 confirms some stuff for us. :D

Oh yeah, another thing I want them to include. SECRET BASES. I loved those things. I want to decorate my cave/tree all over again. :wubbie:

L

LadyLazarus

I start games but I never finish them because I have no patience and I honestly suck at video games.

I've played(and never finished):

-Loz: skyward sword, majora's mask, oot, windwaker hd, and twilight princess. I really hate the art style of the cartoony ones for some reason, so I didn't play any of them except for WW.

-FF:X(my first video game ever), XIII(Snow is a fucking idiot and made it hard to watch the cut scenes)

-Bravely Default

-Animal Crossing

-Pokemon X

-Tomb Raider Reborn(that girl is whiny-er than me[and that's saying something])

I will probably never finish any of these tbh.

"Finished":
-Pokemon: Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Leafgreen, Diamond, SoulSilver, Black. I may want the ruby remake but maybe not since I don't play video games anymore and I always just finish the main story then get bored 'cause I don't want to do the extra stuff. :laugh: /lazy
(Lol I think I've only finished Pokemon games because they're easy.)

Aaand that's all I can think of for now anyway.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Having/wanting no television or PC, I only use a DS.

I

Infinite Bubble

Oh no no, not that. I mean 3D overworld like how they have it now on the current games. :D Not like so that it gets even more enhanced with the 3D setting - that would burn my eyes haha. Some 3D cutscenes though are definitely going to happen and I can't wait especially since the whole apocalyptic theme towards the end of the game made the whole experience so much more intense.

Ah, right! It'll definitely be like that then, at least, the trailer has that sort of style. I think the modelling was a bit rough around edges so it'll be good if they smooth that out.

I loved first and second gen but to be honest taking down Team Rocket was kind of underwhelming despite how much attached I am to that organization as villains haha. On the other hand, the following gens kinda went overboard with the whole "extremists trying to change the world" thing so I think Ruby and Sapphire had the perfect idea.

But... what about Jessie, James and Meowth? OK, so that's the anime. In game they are rather pathetic, and not good pathetic like those three.

The worst was in D/P/Pl with Galactic, who were trying to recreate the entire universe. :laugh: I didn't like Arceus as basically God either.

Although I never understood Team Aqua as much as I did Team Magma. I can understand wanting to expand land and improve civilization, but expanding the ocean sounds like just making things more difficult. But I'm actually probably gonna get Sapphire anyway because I can't really take the Team Magma uniforms seriously (and I have all my Pokemon from Ruby on my X version already).

Yeah exactly, 70% water, what's the point? Probably AS for me too, because Kyogre and Aqua, although I think it'll incorporate Emerald's story like HG/SS did somewhat for Crystal, so there'll be both teams anyway.

I can understand a lot of people not warming up to Pokemon Amie, but I loved it. :cry: It was like Nintendogs but with POKEMON. I dunno haha I even play with my Vileplume/Wigglytuff even though I have max affection with them already. Just a small feature I'm glad they decided to try out.

Haha, I did it just for the advantageous effects max affection gives in battle.

I hope they keep the Battle Frontier more or less the same though. The 4th gen Battle Frontier was fun too but I think the 3rd gen Frontier was where they really shined. I especially loved the Battle Dome and Battle Pike! I also want them to include it just because they did a poor job adding post-game content to X and Y. I was disappointed given how much effort they put into it otherwise.

X/Y's post-game is the only qualm I have with it, rich game otherwise but after the E4 it was basically over. Ruby's post-game was epic for me - capturing a Bagon and training it up to a lv 100 Salamence. :D

Best music definitely. :yes: My favorite track of the entire franchise in general is the credits theme.

Hope they do a good job of remastering it.

It's awesome. But my heart will always belong to the route themes. :D There's a particularly great one but I forgot which routes it belongs to.

I used to think Johto was my favorite but I dunno. I'm tied between Johto/Hoenn. The whole Hoenn continent is just so tropical and I can't help but be drawn to it. Hopefully these will be even better than HeartGold and SoulSilver because those games definitely beat out FireRed and LeafGreen.

It's nearly tied between Hoenn and Kanto for me, but R/S/E beats it slightly by being a broader experience overall.

I heard rumors of Grovyle and Swampert getting mega evolutions since Blaziken did, but hopefully E3 confirms some stuff for us. :D

Pretty sure they'll do this, as with the 1st gen starters. Which one will you be picking?

Oh yeah, another thing I want them to include. SECRET BASES. I loved those things. I want to decorate my cave/tree all over again. :wubbie:

Those too yeah, but with more things to do. Isn't it that all you could do is simply stand there admiring the stuff you collected?

Using a kindle to reply is an absolute nightmare!

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3Ds: Pokémon XY, Fire Emblem, Tales of the Abyss, Code of princess, Bravely Default ect I have a lot of 3ds games but those are pretty constant.
Pc: Civ 5 Sims City The Sims 3 Mass effect Command and Conquer and a whole lot of mmos
console: Fallout, Left 4 dead, Gears, Halo, Bio shock, Heavy Rain are a few of my favorites but I only own a few of these most of these are my Boyfriends so I only get to play when I see him. He’s got every xbox and PlayStation ever made so yeah I’m not buying them lol. The only Console I own is Wii and I’m a beast at Mario kart lol
I love strategy games RPG’s and simulation games. My go to game is without a doubt the Sims EA’s Money trap franchise.( I've had Sims 4 pre-ordred for almost a year)

I guess I’m kind of a gamer in my own right but not as much as my boyfriend and other people I know. I'd say moderate gamming opposed to light or hardcore.:D

Also is anyone else playing wolf among us?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Recently been playing Dead Space 3. Now playing Dead Space 2. Both incredibly fun, but #2 may be the scariest, most wicked game I've ever played (only Doom 3 is a contender).

Many moments that truly freak me out, and I'm a grown ass man.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Recently been playing Dead Space 3. Now playing Dead Space 2. Both incredibly fun, but #2 may be the scariest, most wicked game I've ever played (only Doom 3 is a contender).

Many moments that truly freak me out, and I'm a grown ass man.

Did you play Dead Space 1? Many fans were complaining about the sequels not being as frightening as compared to the original. I finished them all. The weapon choices in all the games, and particularly, the customization in Dead Space 3, were really fun to play around with. I'm very very picky about sequels, and none of them failed to entertain me. My view might be biased for horror games, as it is my favorite theme for both movies and games.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you play Dead Space 1? Many fans were complaining about the sequels not being as frightening as compared to the original. I finished them all. The weapon choices in all the games, and particularly, the customization in Dead Space 3, were really fun to play around with. I'm very very picky about sequels, and none of them failed to entertain me. My view might be biased for horror games, as it is my favorite theme for both movies and games.

Haven't played the original, I'm worried about graphics loss, haha. But this series is so epic that maybe I will. I'd honestly given up on fast paced horror genres since Doom 3. I started with DP3 cuz I tried a few other games through game fly and was disappointed (crysis 3 was ok).

Back in the day, Manhunt was awesome.
A handful of others.

I would def say dead space 2 is scarier than 3, but that doesn't take away from it, as it's also still scary. 2 is just, a different level. Literally much darker, flashes if his ex gf, hollowed eyes, blood coming out. More startling moments, confined spaces. If Dead Space 1 is scarier, I may have to wear diapers.

Plus both have rich stories. The Markers making people homicidal/suicidal maniacs. Only highly intelligent people can fight them to keep from going insane.

I'm still unclear as to why and how the markers use necrotic flesh to build their version of the Borg, the necromorphs. I think the idea is to infect a colony and then there's the Convergence that happens as all the bodies and the marker and surrounding chunks of asteroids and moon chunks form a brethren moon, which is like some kind of, again, Borg superstructure with a singular consciousness.

I'm still a little confused about Unitoligists. They come off as peaceful and willing to die, but are they aware that they will be turned into horrific abominations? Or maybe it's the marker's influence taking over their minds.

And yeah, I love the gun crafting, more control, tho sometimes I spend as much time crafting as playing, haha.

Sound effects are flawless, especially with good set of gamer headphone. Love stomping corpses that just tried to take my head off.

Badass weapons.

Very tight gameplay. Man, I don't have enough good to say about this series.

You think I should get Dead Space 1? Gamefly, so no real commitment.

Or any other good horror games? Don't have a ps4 yet.

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haven't played the original, I'm worried about graphics loss, haha. But this series is so epic that maybe I will. I'd honestly given up on fast paced horror genres since Doom 3
The original was made in 2008. The graphics from 1 to 2 is a fairly good jump, with 2 to 3 being smaller in a comparison. Hey, if you don't want to buy the game, go budget by watching other people play it on youtube.

If Dead Space 1 is scarier, I may have to wear diapers.
It has this campy/creepy atmosphere that the other installments can't seem to emulate very well. I think the sequels were going for something else. For the example, the 3rd having a more adventurous and epic theme about it.

I'm still unclear as to why and how the markers use necrotic flesh to build their version of the Borg, the necromorphs. I think the idea is to infect a colony and then there's the Convergence that happens as all the bodies and the marker and surrounding chunks of asteroids and moon chunks form a brethren moon, which is like some kind of, again, Borg superstructure with a singular consciousness.

I'm still a little confused about Unitoligists. They come off as peaceful and willing to die, but are they aware that they will be turned into horrific abominations? Or maybe it's the marker's influence taking over their minds.

Have you checked out the Dead space downfall movie? If not, it's on youtube

I'll make some more suggestions on horror games when I get back, I gotta run out for a bit.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was talking to a friend about crash bandicoot. And I found the original one on the playstation network. and several people want to come over hang out and play it. Yes I could've gotten it for free for the computer but it was only 6 dollars and is an awesome game. so that's what I've been playing recently

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry for the late reply; I was off at AnimeNEXT unleashing my inner nerd. :D

Ah, right! It'll definitely be like that then, at least, the trailer has that sort of style. I think the modelling was a bit rough around edges so it'll be good if they smooth that out.

Definitely. The trainer sprites definitely need some smoothing out, but the rest of the world hopefully turns out okay. I'm especially excited about some certain locations like Fortree City, Pacificlog Town, and Evergrande City.

But... what about Jessie, James and Meowth? OK, so that's the anime. In game they are rather pathetic, and not good pathetic like those three.

Exactly!

Yeah exactly, 70% water, what's the point? Probably AS for me too, because Kyogre and Aqua, although I think it'll incorporate Emerald's story like HG/SS did somewhat for Crystal, so there'll be both teams anyway.

As of the recent updates, I guess you fight Aqua in Sapphire and Magma in Ruby, but hopefully if they are incorporating the Battle Frontier (which I hope they announce at E3) we'll see other aspects from Emerald as well, like Scott maybe and rebattling Steven.

X/Y's post-game is the only qualm I have with it, rich game otherwise but after the E4 it was basically over. Ruby's post-game was epic for me - capturing a Bagon and training it up to a lv 100 Salamence. :D

That's what I've been doing actually - just raising all my Pokemon from Ruby/Platinum/HeartGold/Black/White 2. My X version is full of Pokemon. :wubbie: I have a connection with all of them and it's way too strong considering they're just pieces of data haha.

Pretty sure they'll do this, as with the 1st gen starters. Which one will you be picking?

Well, since the mega evolutions were announced for both Sceptile and Swampert, and I already have a Blaziken on X with Blazikenite, I'll probably be getting Mudkip. Even though Grass Pokemon are my favorite type, I never really got a click with Treecko. Mudkip was also my first starter I chose in the third gen games so yeah...probably Mudkip.

Those too yeah, but with more things to do. Isn't it that all you could do is simply stand there admiring the stuff you collected?

Pretty much hehe. Maybe there'll be a way to import your friends into your game like mixing records back in third gen so you can have their secret bases too.

Also with the new updates, I'm not really digging the new designs for Team Aqua. Team Magma was okay but I still can't take their uniform seriously. I'll still be going with Sapphire though. Also the new trainers are awesome. The third gen trainers were my favorites, plus the girl from FireRed/LeafGreen (I always loved her design). I hope that appearance customization still happens though. :cry:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only own and play things on a PC. That being said, my PC has emulators for the NES, SNES, Gameboy Advanced, Dual Screen, N64, Game Cube, and two different Arcade machine emulators (those are a bit tricky). When I was a young kid I played the actual NES and SNES.

As for games. All told, I've played countless different games, probably can't remember half off the top of my head. As of late, DotA 2 (that's Defense of the Ancients for those who don't know) and Team Fortress 2 have been the staples. The last game I spent a lot of time on other than those two was probably Europa Universalis III (I've had a hard time figure out IV). But generally I find a little time for other things here and there, no matter what my current focus happens to be.

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or any other good horror games? Don't have a ps4 yet.

If you enjoyed Doom 3 (which I didn't), I recommend you giving "Outlast" a shot. It's considered one of the top scariest games out right now.

I would play any horror game thrown at me, but if I had to pick and choose, I would say, I'm more into psychological horror such as Silent Hill, Alan Wake (not scary but very enthralling storytelling), and Amnesia: the Dark Descent. I'm not really sure if those would be your type of games, as there is not enough action in this sub-genre.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you enjoyed Doom 3 (which I didn't), I recommend you giving "Outlast" a shot. It's considered one of the top scariest games out right now.

I would play any horror game thrown at me, but if I had to pick and choose, I would say, I'm more into psychological horror such as Silent Hill, Alan Wake (not scary but very enthralling storytelling), and Amnesia: the Dark Descent. I'm not really sure if those would be your type of games, as there is not enough action in this sub-genre.

Outlast does look pretty damn scary, even though no weapons, but it's on PS4 only, I think. Which I don't have or plan on investing in soon.

I think I played Silent Hill when I was younger, can't recall, if so, I remember I played something very similar that was very good. I might check out the latest. And the other ones you suggested. Thanks!

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I am very excited for the new Zelda. !!

I play A TON of Crusader Kings 2;
i have a weekly++ game of it with friends, playing the Song Of Ice And Fire mod.

I loved Watch Dogs!