• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Gamers

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Forgot who on here played Pokemon, but here are my babies from Ruby version on X version. :wubbie:

tumblr_n11zavkyUK1sqf211o1_400.jpg

tumblr_n11zavkyUK1sqf211o2_400.jpg

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
yup, gamer here :glasses:. Play way too much, but love it, and the escapism aspect, stream too :ninja:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thought COD was dead to me, but Advanced Warfare looks promising. Kevin freaking Spacey is the new main dude. Pretty sure villain.

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I play a lot of games, mostly PC...

Lately I am playing tons of Titanfall.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never been a real gamer, but my interest in games was rekindled a couple of months ago.

It started with a friend playing Pokémon Leaf Green on PC with an emulator, and I decided to try it. A week later, I had raced through Leaf Green, Emerald and Crystal with some of the sweetest teams of pokémon ever assembled.

Next, I downloaded a N64 emulator and Majora's Mask. I was captivated by the story (why does it seem like games from the late 90's/early 00's have so much more interesting, complex and thought-out plots?), and played through most of the game. I'm still at the boss of Great Bay Temple because oceanic environments (particularly underwater ones) invariably bore me, so I haven't bothered to try and progress in a while. Someday.

Then I tried South Park: Stick of Truth and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Stick of Truth was cool and funny. The story and humor really made the game. Without it I'm not sure I would've tolerated the repetitive combat, which makes up the lion's share of the gameplay. Conviction sucked ass for the most part. The execution ability was the coolest aspect of the game. But gone were almost all of the stealth elements from previous games, like Sam's characteristic nightvision goggles, hacking computers and security systems, interrogating guards, disposing bodies, disabling lights with the EMP on your gun, etc. Instead the level design was always the same: Enter a room, smoothly wipe out a group of guards (or, if you're a heathen, kick the door in and start spraying your machine gun), go to the next room and repeat. Really disappointing. The next in the series, Blacklist, seems more like a return to hiding in shadows and disposing guards with high tech agent shit and looks very promising.

Right now I'm playing Skyrim again, because I realized how much I haven't done in the game. Didn't finish Thieves' Guild (because of a bug on my Xbox game), never did Companions, College of Winterhold or Bard's College, never took the Imperial Legion's side in the civil war or even did the main quest. (Which, while better than the criminally boring main quest in Oblivion, is way less interesting and epic than the Nerevarine story in Morrowind.) Rolled a redguard, started out as a barbarian with light armor and twohanded weapon, but eventually succumbed to my habit of playing a sneaky archer/dual-wielding assassin. Currently level 35.

I also got System Shock 2, which looks like my kind of game in every imaginable aspect. I love old sci-fi, adore the bad graphics of games from the late 90's/early 00's, I'm a sucker for RPG elements (and RPG's in general) and I could tell by playing just 10-15 minutes of it how much Deus Ex, one of my all time favorites, was influenced by it. The only problem is I get so damn tense playing survival horror games. I jump at literally every unexpected noise or movement. But the game has such a strong appeal that I simply have to play it, even tho I can only manage to do it in 20 minute episodes. :laugh:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm not even half way through Dead Space 3 (yeah I know, I'm a little behind on righteous games) and it's so fucking awesome that I went ahead and ordered Dead Space 2.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started a long time ago with Adventure, Zork, Ultimate 1-3, and Wizardry 1-3

Shame on you for making a typo on the Ultima series! You can't blame your cell phone auto-correct on this one!

I also did my share of MMOs (Matrix Online, City of Heroes, Everquest II, WoW, SWTOR, Tera Online, The Secret World, Aion).

My most memorable time on any MMO's was when I started MUD'ing in the early 90's. It was more adventurous than playing anything graphical today.

I actually dug Dragon Age Origins (DAO) out on Thurs/Friday to replay, and on Friday Steam actually priced the game (full package -- the main game + all nine expansion packs) at 75% off, for a grand total of $7.50. Considering I had been mulling over purchasing the expansions + liked the idea of not needing to load up my disc to play, I didn't think twice about paying such a low low price. If anyone cares, they're supposed to release DA3 this fall (?) and Morrigan is coming back.

I spent way too many hours on DOA. I probably completed every quest there is in the game, twice round. Of my endless list of RPG's, I never thought my experience with DOA would surpass that of the Baldur's Gate series. It was a complete surprise.

I don't know what they did with DOA2, other than rushing it, but I'm not looking forward to DOA3.

Tem

Enneagram
8w9
I play League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 :) Very dorky but I love em.

If anyone else plays these let me know! Would love to play with ya

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shame on you for making a typo on the Ultima series! You can't blame your cell phone auto-correct on this one!

Arrrrrg.

Well, to get serious a moment, I've had an issue in the last few years I've noticed where my brain thinks one thing and my fingers type another. (Here, I actually was thinking "ultima".) The misused words are usually words that are similar to the words I'm thinking, either in spelling or sound-wise. It kind of freaks me out, and I've had to reread all my posts to catch any mistakes but sometimes I miss them. :( I never had this issue before whatsoever.

I reaaaaaaally hope I'm not going senile in my 40's.

My most memorable time on any MMO's was when I started MUD'ing in the early 90's. It was more adventurous than playing anything graphical today.

I was playing Moria and Nethack back in college, and then did a few text-based MUDs (dial-up) in the early/mid-90's. I can't say it was better, but I won't say today's MMO's are a ton better either -- i.e., the visual improvements haven't necessarily created a proportional rise in quality.

I spent way too many hours on DOA.
You mean DAO? *cough cough* ;)

I probably completed every quest there is in the game, twice round. Of my endless list of RPG's, I never thought my experience with DOA would surpass that of the Baldur's Gate series. It was a complete surprise. I don't know what they did with DOA2, other than rushing it, but I'm not looking forward to DOA3.

The problem with DA2 is that they redesigned a keyboard RPG into a console action game with some narrative depth, alienating their userbase. The playstyle was different, the pacing was different, the complexity was different. All the reasons people liked DAO were not really considered in DA2. If they had released DA2 first and DAO second, they might have had similar issues; they weren't considering the userbase they had already developed and who now felt disregarded and disenfranchised. I don't think DA2 was a bad game on its own, even if I like DAO more.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I play League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 :) Very dorky but I love em.

If anyone else plays these let me know! Would love to play with ya

I have Guild wars 2, but i'm not sure if it's installed at the moment.

Tem

Enneagram
8w9
I have Guild wars 2, but i'm not sure if it's installed at the moment.
Let's play some time, I'll gladly roll a new character with you and explore the world together :)

Been planning on rolling a warrior this would be a double benefit for me.
My username is Complex Mango or Domzz.1260

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Let's play some time, I'll gladly roll a new character with you and explore the world together :)

Been planning on rolling a warrior this would be a double benefit for me.
My username is Complex Mango or Domzz.1260

I'll think about it, I uninstalled it because my current PC can't really handle it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Does anyone here play Pokemon? Ruby/Sapphire remakes in November!

So stoked.

What I hope they keep from X and Y:

• 3D models/overworld.
  • The entire bottom screen (PSS, Pokemon Amie, Super Training).
  • Character customization with more clothing options for guys - people playing as girls got WAY more clothes to buy.

What I hope they keep from Ruby & Sapphire:

• Pokemon contests.
  • The french horns in the soundtrack.
  • Battle Frontier (this is from Emerald, but if they included the Battle Frontier in HeartGold and SoulSilver they can do the same here).
  • Trainer Hill - same as the point above^.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't play PC games anymore, but I used to love the Half-Life series. (Ranking from favorite to least favorite: Half-Life 2; Half-Life 2 Episode Two; Half-Life.) My all-time favorite is the adventure game The Longest Journey, and its sequel (Dreamfall) is pretty good as well.

I

Infinite Bubble

So stoked.

What I hope they keep from X and Y:

• 3D models/overworld.
  • The entire bottom screen (PSS, Pokemon Amie, Super Training).
  • Character customization with more clothing options for guys - people playing as girls got WAY more clothes to buy.

Not sure about the entire overworld being in 3D due to the limitations of the 3DS, but I hope so too. Those sections with it in X/Y were gorgeous. They'll probably keep Super Training, to make EV training more accessible. I didn't get much out of Pokemon Amie tbh. I know what you mean about the clothing; one of the reasons I played as a girl is so I could get that trench coat in Lumiose. :D

What I hope they keep from Ruby & Sapphire:

• Pokemon contests.
  • The french horns in the soundtrack.
  • Battle Frontier (this is from Emerald, but if they included the Battle Frontier in HeartGold and SoulSilver they can do the same here).
  • Trainer Hill - same as the point above^.

They'll definitely have contests, they were pivotal parts of the games, and almost certainly some form of a Battle Frontier. Fingers crossed the music remixes contain horns, yeah. Best music in the series imo.

I'm just glad to get to replay an updated version whatever they do... it's my favourite gen, with a great region, storyline and pokemon. Wondering how they'll implement gen VI pokemon and mega evolution, there's some speculation as to what the artwork shows, that it reveals special forms of Groudon & Kyogre or something.