User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: TypeC Gamers

Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    We can play DotA, which is like LoL, just better.
    I didn't like dota, too much for my brain

Infinite Bubble

Does anyone here play Pokemon? Ruby/Sapphire remakes in November!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    Shame on you for making a typo on the Ultima series! You can't blame your cell phone auto-correct on this one!
    Arrrrrg.

Well, to get serious a moment, I've had an issue in the last few years I've noticed where my brain thinks one thing and my fingers type another. (Here, I actually was thinking "ultima".) The misused words are usually words that are similar to the words I'm thinking, either in spelling or sound-wise. It kind of freaks me out, and I've had to reread all my posts to catch any mistakes but sometimes I miss them. I never had this issue before whatsoever.

I reaaaaaaally hope I'm not going senile in my 40's.

My most memorable time on any MMO's was when I started MUD'ing in the early 90's. It was more adventurous than playing anything graphical today.
    I was playing Moria and Nethack back in college, and then did a few text-based MUDs (dial-up) in the early/mid-90's. I can't say it was better, but I won't say today's MMO's are a ton better either -- i.e., the visual improvements haven't necessarily created a proportional rise in quality.

I spent way too many hours on DOA.
    You mean DAO? *cough cough*

I probably completed every quest there is in the game, twice round. Of my endless list of RPG's, I never thought my experience with DOA would surpass that of the Baldur's Gate series. It was a complete surprise. I don't know what they did with DOA2, other than rushing it, but I'm not looking forward to DOA3.
    The problem with DA2 is that they redesigned a keyboard RPG into a console action game with some narrative depth, alienating their userbase. The playstyle was different, the pacing was different, the complexity was different. All the reasons people liked DAO were not really considered in DA2. If they had released DA2 first and DAO second, they might have had similar issues; they weren't considering the userbase they had already developed and who now felt disregarded and disenfranchised. I don't think DA2 was a bad game on its own, even if I like DAO more.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tem View Post
    I play League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 Very dorky but I love em.

If anyone else plays these let me know! Would love to play with ya
    I have Guild wars 2, but i'm not sure if it's installed at the moment.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I have Guild wars 2, but i'm not sure if it's installed at the moment.
    Let's play some time, I'll gladly roll a new character with you and explore the world together

Been planning on rolling a warrior this would be a double benefit for me.
    My username is Complex Mango or Domzz.1260

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tem View Post
    Let's play some time, I'll gladly roll a new character with you and explore the world together

Been planning on rolling a warrior this would be a double benefit for me.
    My username is Complex Mango or Domzz.1260
    I'll think about it, I uninstalled it because my current PC can't really handle it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Does anyone here play Pokemon? Ruby/Sapphire remakes in November!
    So stoked.

What I hope they keep from X and Y:

• 3D models/overworld.
    • The entire bottom screen (PSS, Pokemon Amie, Super Training).
    • Character customization with more clothing options for guys - people playing as girls got WAY more clothes to buy.

What I hope they keep from Ruby & Sapphire:

• Pokemon contests.
    • The french horns in the soundtrack.
    • Battle Frontier (this is from Emerald, but if they included the Battle Frontier in HeartGold and SoulSilver they can do the same here).
    • Trainer Hill - same as the point above^.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I love Fallout.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I don't play PC games anymore, but I used to love the Half-Life series. (Ranking from favorite to least favorite: Half-Life 2; Half-Life 2 Episode Two; Half-Life.) My all-time favorite is the adventure game The Longest Journey, and its sequel (Dreamfall) is pretty good as well.

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    So stoked.

What I hope they keep from X and Y:

• 3D models/overworld.
    • The entire bottom screen (PSS, Pokemon Amie, Super Training).
    • Character customization with more clothing options for guys - people playing as girls got WAY more clothes to buy.

Not sure about the entire overworld being in 3D due to the limitations of the 3DS, but I hope so too. Those sections with it in X/Y were gorgeous. They'll probably keep Super Training, to make EV training more accessible. I didn't get much out of Pokemon Amie tbh. I know what you mean about the clothing; one of the reasons I played as a girl is so I could get that trench coat in Lumiose.

What I hope they keep from Ruby & Sapphire:

• Pokemon contests.
    • The french horns in the soundtrack.
    • Battle Frontier (this is from Emerald, but if they included the Battle Frontier in HeartGold and SoulSilver they can do the same here).
    • Trainer Hill - same as the point above^.
    They'll definitely have contests, they were pivotal parts of the games, and almost certainly some form of a Battle Frontier. Fingers crossed the music remixes contain horns, yeah. Best music in the series imo.

I'm just glad to get to replay an updated version whatever they do... it's my favourite gen, with a great region, storyline and pokemon. Wondering how they'll implement gen VI pokemon and mega evolution, there's some speculation as to what the artwork shows, that it reveals special forms of Groudon & Kyogre or something.