User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: TypeC Gamers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Forgot who on here played Pokemon, but here are my babies from Ruby version on X version.

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP

yup, gamer here . Play way too much, but love it, and the escapism aspect, stream too

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Thought COD was dead to me, but Advanced Warfare looks promising. Kevin freaking Spacey is the new main dude. Pretty sure villain.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I play a lot of games, mostly PC...

Lately I am playing tons of Titanfall.

I've never been a real gamer, but my interest in games was rekindled a couple of months ago.

It started with a friend playing Pokémon Leaf Green on PC with an emulator, and I decided to try it. A week later, I had raced through Leaf Green, Emerald and Crystal with some of the sweetest teams of pokémon ever assembled.

Next, I downloaded a N64 emulator and Majora's Mask. I was captivated by the story (why does it seem like games from the late 90's/early 00's have so much more interesting, complex and thought-out plots?), and played through most of the game. I'm still at the boss of Great Bay Temple because oceanic environments (particularly underwater ones) invariably bore me, so I haven't bothered to try and progress in a while. Someday.

Then I tried South Park: Stick of Truth and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Stick of Truth was cool and funny. The story and humor really made the game. Without it I'm not sure I would've tolerated the repetitive combat, which makes up the lion's share of the gameplay. Conviction sucked ass for the most part. The execution ability was the coolest aspect of the game. But gone were almost all of the stealth elements from previous games, like Sam's characteristic nightvision goggles, hacking computers and security systems, interrogating guards, disposing bodies, disabling lights with the EMP on your gun, etc. Instead the level design was always the same: Enter a room, smoothly wipe out a group of guards (or, if you're a heathen, kick the door in and start spraying your machine gun), go to the next room and repeat. Really disappointing. The next in the series, Blacklist, seems more like a return to hiding in shadows and disposing guards with high tech agent shit and looks very promising.

Right now I'm playing Skyrim again, because I realized how much I haven't done in the game. Didn't finish Thieves' Guild (because of a bug on my Xbox game), never did Companions, College of Winterhold or Bard's College, never took the Imperial Legion's side in the civil war or even did the main quest. (Which, while better than the criminally boring main quest in Oblivion, is way less interesting and epic than the Nerevarine story in Morrowind.) Rolled a redguard, started out as a barbarian with light armor and twohanded weapon, but eventually succumbed to my habit of playing a sneaky archer/dual-wielding assassin. Currently level 35.

I also got System Shock 2, which looks like my kind of game in every imaginable aspect. I love old sci-fi, adore the bad graphics of games from the late 90's/early 00's, I'm a sucker for RPG elements (and RPG's in general) and I could tell by playing just 10-15 minutes of it how much Deus Ex, one of my all time favorites, was influenced by it. The only problem is I get so damn tense playing survival horror games. I jump at literally every unexpected noise or movement. But the game has such a strong appeal that I simply have to play it, even tho I can only manage to do it in 20 minute episodes.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

So I'm not even half way through Dead Space 3 (yeah I know, I'm a little behind on righteous games) and it's so fucking awesome that I went ahead and ordered Dead Space 2.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I started a long time ago with Adventure, Zork, Ultimate 1-3, and Wizardry 1-3
    Shame on you for making a typo on the Ultima series! You can't blame your cell phone auto-correct on this one!

I also did my share of MMOs (Matrix Online, City of Heroes, Everquest II, WoW, SWTOR, Tera Online, The Secret World, Aion).
    My most memorable time on any MMO's was when I started MUD'ing in the early 90's. It was more adventurous than playing anything graphical today.

I actually dug Dragon Age Origins (DAO) out on Thurs/Friday to replay, and on Friday Steam actually priced the game (full package -- the main game + all nine expansion packs) at 75% off, for a grand total of $7.50. Considering I had been mulling over purchasing the expansions + liked the idea of not needing to load up my disc to play, I didn't think twice about paying such a low low price. If anyone cares, they're supposed to release DA3 this fall (?) and Morrigan is coming back.
    I spent way too many hours on DOA. I probably completed every quest there is in the game, twice round. Of my endless list of RPG's, I never thought my experience with DOA would surpass that of the Baldur's Gate series. It was a complete surprise.

I don't know what they did with DOA2, other than rushing it, but I'm not looking forward to DOA3.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

Infinite Bubble

Has anyone here played the Metroid Prime series?

Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

I play League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 Very dorky but I love em.

If anyone else plays these let me know! Would love to play with ya

Quote Originally Posted by Tem View Post
    I play League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 Very dorky but I love em.

If anyone else plays these let me know! Would love to play with ya
    We can play DotA, which is like LoL, just better.