User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Eurovision 2014

FigerPuppet

Cool Eurovision 2014

Experts say all-out war in Europe has been made unthinkable and materially impossible thanks to the European Union - this is false. War still rages within the continent, but the format has simply changed to a song contest: Eurovision

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The Eurovision Song Contest, often shortened ESC, or Eurovision, is an annual song competition held among the member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) since 1956.

Each member country submits a song to be performed on live television and radio and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. The contest has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956 and is one of the longest-running television programmes in the world. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events in the world, with audience figures having been quoted in recent years as anything between 100 million and 600 million internationally. Eurovision has also been broadcast outside Europe to such places as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Suriname, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela although these countries do not compete.

What Euromensch will be watching Eurovision 21:00 CEST this Saturday (10th May) live from Copenhagen?

Denmark unfortunately doesn't stand a chance this year, but even without the patriotic element the show still retains most of its entertainment value as a glitzy musical spectacle with political subtexts and cheesy performances.
    For example, it will be interesting to see if/how the conflict between Ukraine and Russia will be reflected in the votes and audience reactions. Russia supposedly passed the semi-finals to a booing audience.

I usually watch it. This year, I don't even know who's pretending to represent Germany, though.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I enjoy watching Europeans watching Eurovision

MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I love Eurovision and definitely will watch tonight! Me, my sister and my mother invite our friends and we'll all watch together. Finally Israel has an actual good song rather than a disgrace. I hope politics won't ruin our chances make it to the final!

FigerPuppet

Is it a man?
    Is it a woman?

It's neither. Presenting Conchita Wurst (Sausage), Austria's entry in tonight's final.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Could we please get some videos up in here?

I need my annual fix to remind me just how low you euros really are

France has a painted negro. In the show, he even seems to perform bare-chested.

Is this racism, my dear US?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Could we please get some videos up in here?

I need my annual fix to remind me just how low you euros really are
    You can watch it live with us: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/webtv?program=102853

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Watching it right now - it's a family tradition in Norway.

I really did enjoy last years top selection - I even made a blog post about it, I believe. Normally, I find it not worth my attention, but last year was different.

Fingers crossed for this year - so far the first two numbers aren't impressive though...Cheesecake, really?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Ginkgo

What am I looking at, even?