• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eurovision 2014

F

FigerPuppet

Experts say all-out war in Europe has been made unthinkable and materially impossible thanks to the European Union - this is false. War still rages within the continent, but the format has simply changed to a song contest: Eurovision

Wikipedia said:
The Eurovision Song Contest, often shortened ESC, or Eurovision, is an annual song competition held among the member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) since 1956.

Each member country submits a song to be performed on live television and radio and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. The contest has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956 and is one of the longest-running television programmes in the world. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events in the world, with audience figures having been quoted in recent years as anything between 100 million and 600 million internationally. Eurovision has also been broadcast outside Europe to such places as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Suriname, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela although these countries do not compete.

DyXXWK8l.jpg

What Euromensch will be watching Eurovision 21:00 CEST this Saturday (10th May) live from Copenhagen?

Denmark unfortunately doesn't stand a chance this year, but even without the patriotic element the show still retains most of its entertainment value as a glitzy musical spectacle with political subtexts and cheesy performances.
For example, it will be interesting to see if/how the conflict between Ukraine and Russia will be reflected in the votes and audience reactions. Russia supposedly passed the semi-finals to a booing audience.

Nicodemus

I usually watch it. This year, I don't even know who's pretending to represent Germany, though.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love Eurovision and definitely will watch tonight! Me, my sister and my mother invite our friends and we'll all watch together. Finally Israel has an actual good song rather than a disgrace. I hope politics won't ruin our chances make it to the final!

F

FigerPuppet

Is it a man?
Is it a woman?

20140321_Dancing_Stars_Conchita_Wurst_4187.jpg

It's neither. Presenting Conchita Wurst (Sausage), Austria's entry in tonight's final.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Could we please get some videos up in here?

I need my annual fix to remind me just how low you euros really are

Nicodemus

France has a painted negro. In the show, he even seems to perform bare-chested.

twintwin111_v-contentgross.jpg

Is this racism, my dear US?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Watching it right now - it's a family tradition in Norway.

I really did enjoy last years top selection - I even made a blog post about it, I believe. Normally, I find it not worth my attention, but last year was different.

Fingers crossed for this year - so far the first two numbers aren't impressive though...Cheesecake, really? :shock:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously, the disco diaper wearing bunch? :laugh:

I dunno...so far I think the 'Miracle' song has a chance - though it lacked depth.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see it appealing to inferior Se, for sure.

I think the Montenegro song though, with its wink at Frozen and fairytales and fairly decent vocals might just be the best one so far -especially since it played the popular ballad card.

LOL @Poland - now that's one way to reinterpret your heritage.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm watching! :) I like Montenegro so far the best. Norway had also a really lovely song. I think most (?) men do appreciate the Polish show which is just starting but not because of the song. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm watching! :) I like Montenegro so far the best. Norway had also a really lovely song. I think most (?) men do appreciate the Polish show which is just starting but not because of the song. :D

:laugh: Their biggest 'asset' really is the butter churning maiden in front.

Norway redeemed themselves in the last part, I feel...he was perhaps nervous which killed his voice in the beginning.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed, but it might just be catchy enough to get votes...

Austria's up! Can't wait to hear the kind of voice s/he has!