• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Pieces Of Classical Music

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like classical music, but don't know a lot of theory.

So, I was wondering if anyone else out there liked classical music, or at least certain pieces. Under classical, I'm including baroque, classical, and romantic periods.

What pieces or composers do you prefer? Specific pieces would be great, because I'll try to listen to them if I haven't.

I myself like Vivaldi a lot, especially his concertos.

For a specific piece, I like Schubert's Serenade and the 1812 concerto of Tchaikovsky.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

*This reminds me... I need to dig up my old, piano songbooks...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This one I don't think I understand very well, either. It's pretty complicated, actually. To me . . . What attracts you to it?

I don't know, it's just mind blowing. I can't describe why I like it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This confused me a bit because it isn't a fugue, is it? I looked it up on Wikipedia, and apparently you need to understand some musical theory to understand the piece.

I'm afraid I have little knowledge of theory. This is one of Beethoven's last compositions, and as such, it is complex and can be difficult to take in. I just think it covers a range of emotion rarely covered in one piece of music. I hear a lot of despair and melancholy in it, but also a sense of wise reflection. Makes sense he wrote this in his later years in poor health. It;s such a contrast to his earlier, heroic period.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I hadn't heard this one in a while; I love Mozart.

Oh yeah? I think he's great, and Vivaldi :) as well... although I was mostly exposed to Bach as I was training in piano. My piano teacher tried to steer me away from Beethoven, since it was often played in recitals... but I also like his work (and need to look more of it up).

I listen to classical music sporadically (with limits)... to try to regulate my music choices.

*Emotionally, Haydn and Mozart do it best for me.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
tie between these two
- this one makes me think in terms of science fiction like of androids which yearn to feel
- this one is dramatic and humanistic like the pinnacle of an achievement.

EDIT: actually this is quite beautiful too...not sure if these are classified as classical - I took music appreciate once and received 100 percent but It's been so long...too long. I was able to match a catalog of 50 songs to the respective period but if you don't use it you lose it.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the closest musical equivalent to life for me; it's ever changing tempo...... beautiful chaos that still manages to be coherent somehow.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know the difference between classical, romantic, and all these other genres. These are just some pieces I like.

This is one of my favorites.

The composer conducts this one. The music starts at 41 seconds:

There's only a snippet of "Canzona a due cori" by Gabrieli on Youtube, but the whole song is on Grooveshark and Spotify.

I like the Albinoni piece. It's in a playlist I made as inspiration for a novel that's in the planning stage.