• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars VII

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Casting was announced today.

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/-star-wars--episode-vi--cast-announced-164841182.html

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

Daisy Ridley is the only one I haven't found info about yet.
EDIT: Oh look, the media is all over this already:
http://www.heavy.com/entertainment/2014/04/daisy-ridley-star-wars-episode-7-cast/

The new cast looks fairly multi-cultural.

I hope they shoot Sydow's scenes early.

BmZ1KyBCIAAxl1s.png

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if Max von Sydow is playing Obi-Wan (he is an old fossil, after all)? They should have also gotten Hayden Christensen back as Anakin, and Ian McDiarmid back as Palpatine, so they could run with the idea that he cloned himself.

What are your thoughts, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about von Sydow -- he could play a variety of roles, honestly, whether Jedi or Sith. COuld also be as creepy as all get out, depending on the lighting and direction.

But I'm happy never to see Christensen in another Star Wars movie for as long as I live, and the last thing I want to see is that crap about the Emperor clone(s), which has now all been retcon'ed in regards to the movies anyway.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But Luke is still gonna marry Mara Jade, right? Right???

And I just don't think you could get away with not having Palpatine clone himself...it seems the first thing he'd do.

As for the lighting and direction, you know it's gonna be nothing but lens flares.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But Luke is still gonna marry Mara Jade, right? Right???

And I just don't think you could get away with not having Palpatine clone himself...it seems the first thing he'd do.

As for the lighting and direction, you know it's gonna be nothing but lens flares.

"Good-bye, Ma-ra Jay-ayde" ~ Rolling Stones

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if Max von Sydow is playing Obi-Wan (he is an old fossil, after all)? They should have also gotten Hayden Christensen back as Anakin, and Ian McDiarmid back as Palpatine, so they could run with the idea that he cloned himself.

What are your thoughts, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]?

You know my thoughts. :dont:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm confused, though, I do not see Kenny Baker in the photo among the other cast members. Is he already locked in R2D2? Did he come in the box? Did they ever let him out since 1977?

And what about Warwick Davis? You can't have Star Wars without him in some sort of cameo. George Lucas must've had some sort of midget fetish, and I think JJ should live up to that. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not an official movie pic, but hey, whatever...

Star-Wars-VII-Cast.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now, now, we don't know if Max von Sydow is gonna be the villain. He's played everything in between Jesus Christ and Satan. It's anyone's guess.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Will someone tell E.T. to take off that ridiculous Moses costume?

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
Instinctual Variant
sp
I must say I am looking forward to it yet I still resent the fact that they didn't do it sooner... and the fact it's Disney...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
:banghead:

Seriously, anyone who thinks this is a good idea has no sense of honour. The series is over, everyone should move on.

Besides Hollywood is going to screw it up as they always do, it doesn't surprise me that the cast will be multicultural (they'll have their quota of women as well). Sickening propaganda to our youth.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
:BangHead:

Seriously, anyone who thinks this is a good idea has no sense of honour. The series is over, everyone should move on.

Besides Hollywood is going to screw it up as they always do when they take over something, it doesn't surprise me that the cast will be multicultural (they'll have their quota of women as well). I wouldn't shed a tear if the plague descended upon LA.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah but I mean... just thinking about it and how it will play out, it can't be all that bad