• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vikings (tv-series)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
So apparently there isnt a topic for this great tv show :huh:

IMDb said:
The adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok: the greatest hero of his age. The series tells the saga of Ragnar's band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. As well as being a fearless warrior, Ragnar embodies the Norse traditions of devotion to the gods: legend has it that he was a direct descendant of Odin, the god of war and warriors.

Its actually one of the only series that i have followed, ever. Thats how good it is.

I couldnt find a trailer that does justice, so ill just post the first episode here:

http://www.rainiertamayo.com/vikings/season1/episode1-rites-of-passage.html

And the producer talking about the first episode(will have some spoilers in it ofc): http://www.history.com/shows/vikings/videos/inside-look-vikings-episode-1?m=518971d79ac04

So anyone watch this show? If not, you should! Its currently on season 2 episode 9(coming today/tomorrow depending where you live), so it makes a good vikings marathon for those who havent seen the show already :p

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a fanboy of this show. Rarily more than a day goes by before Ive seen a new episode when its released.

There are some minor aspects I dont like much about it (Athelstan's visions for example in later episodes), but overall its entertaining and interesting and the actors (especially Ragnar imo) do a great job.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes if you're not watching, you should. It's a great show, it's historically (as much as possible) accurate and takes the Vikings, their society and religion seriously. This doesn't hurt either.

a44cee26221ed26fa2378c1231960682.jpg

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes if you're not watching, you should. It's a great show, it's historically (as much as possible) accurate and takes the Vikings, their society and religion seriously. This doesn't hurt either.

a44cee26221ed26fa2378c1231960682.jpg

Pff, he's a total wuss! Ragnar is much more badass. :D

.. Although Lagertha trumps them both in terms of badassness.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Pff, he's a total wuss! Ragnar is much more badass. :D

.. Although Lagertha trumps them both in terms of badassness.

Perhaps but Rollo is going places. Literally. Like Normandy.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
it's historically (as much as possible) accurate and takes the Vikings, their society and religion seriously. This doesn't hurt either.

This is one of the main reasons i like the show so much, it helps to bring out parts of the history that the evil christians tried(and for the large part succeeded) to take away from us. And the reason why i say us because finnish mythology is really similar to that of vikings, and well lets just say that we share history(and genes up to 50% in some parts of finland) with them, except that finnish history was repressed further by christians and svedes who later invaded finland.

Ps. Rollo is said to be(not in the series but in old norse sagas) descended from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fornjót if someone is interested. Also when it comes to norse vs finnish mythology, maybe this sounds quite familiar:

W

WhoCares

Meh....despite this being one of those 'must watch' shows on my list. Its only just started here in Oz, after 4 episodes I'm pretty lacklustre about it. Clearly good casting, nice depictions with costumes, scenery and all the rest of it. But something about it just shits me in that can't be bothered watching it kind of way. I'm keenly interested in folklore and history ordinarily. I think its the testosterone leaching out of my iPad....:ack!:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Meh....despite this being one of those 'must watch' shows on my list. Its only just started here in Oz, after 4 episodes I'm pretty lacklustre about it. Clearly good casting, nice depictions with costumes, scenery and all the rest of it. But something about it just shits me in that can't be bothered watching it kind of way. I'm keenly interested in folklore and history ordinarily. I think its the testosterone leaching out of my iPad....:ack!:

Yea game of thrones is better if you want less testosterone and more girly stuff :D

G

Ginkgo

Just started watching this. And yes, the testosterone is what keeps me going. I mean, the idea of fighting for fucking Thor and Odin? Radical.

Also, this guy is basically me if I were in old Scandinavia-

skarsgard-as-floki-in-vikings.png

The theme song is pretty rad, too.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Blah. Now another year of waiting :(

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
:dry: I wonder if the little boy will be teens in season 4. Especially Ivar.

I heard the boneless chicken baby has learned to fly like a helicopter flapping his feet around.