User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 40

  1. #1
    metamorphosing Flâneuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    996

    Default Rank the tracks on your favorite album

    Rank the tracks on your favorite album from favorite to least favorite. If your favorite album isn't that well-known, rank the tracks on your favorite popular album too.
    @cascadeco

    favorite album - Boys for Pele (Tori Amos):
    1. Doughnut Song
    2. Blood Roses
    3. Father Lucifer
    4. Talula (especially The Tornado Mix)
    5. Beauty Queen/Horses
    6. Hey Jupiter
    7. Marianne
    8. Caught a Lite Sneeze
    9. In the Springtime of His Voodoo
    10. Muhammad My Friend
    11. Not the Red Baron
    12. Professional Widow
    13. Little Amsterdam
    14. Putting the Damage On
    15. Way Down
    16. Twinkle
    17. Mr. Zebra
    18. Agent Orange

    favorite well-known album - OK Computer (Radiohead):
    1. Let Down
    2. Paranoid Android
    3. Exit Music (For a Film)
    4. Lucky
    5. Subterranean Homesick Alien
    6. Airbag
    7. No Surprises
    8. Karma Police
    9. Climbing Up the Walls
    10. The Tourist
    11. Fitter Happier
    12. Electioneering
    Last edited by Flâneuse; 04-20-2014 at 07:07 PM.

  2. #2
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Top Tier:

    The Tourist
    Lucky
    Airbag
    Paranoid Android
    Let Down
    Exit Music

    Second Tier:

    Karma Police
    Subterranean Homesick Alien
    Electioneering
    Climbing Up the Walls
    No Surprises
    Last edited by Stansmith; 04-19-2014 at 08:42 PM.

  3. #3
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson):

    1. Since U Been Gone
    2. Because of You
    3. Breakaway
    4. Behind These Hazel Eyes
    5. Walk Away
    6. Beautiful Disaster (Live)
    7. You Found Me
    8. Addicted
    9. Gone
    10. Where Is Your Heart
    11. Hear Me
    12. I Hate Myself for Losing You
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  4. #4
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Jackson C. Frank - Jackson C. Frank

    1. My Name is Carnival
    2. Just Like Anything
    3. Blues Run The Game
    4. Milk And Honey
    5. I Want To Be Alone (Dialogue)
    6. Yellow Walls
    7. You Never Wanted Me
    8. Kimbie
    9. Here Come The Blues
    10. Don't Look Back

  5. #5
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Favorite tracks: Nurburgring, Spa Francorchamps, Circuit de la Sarthe, Laguna Seca, Yas Marina

  6. #6
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    The official power rankings for The Seer by Swans:

    1. The Apostate
    2. The Seer
    3. Mother of the World
    4. The Seer Returns
    5. Avatar
    6. A Piece of the Sky
    7. 93 Ave. B Blues
    8. Lunacy
    9. Song For a Warrior
    10. The Daughter Brings the Water
    11. The Wolf

    Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    favorite well-known album - OK Computer (Radiohead):
    1. Let Down
    2. Paranoid Android
    3. Exit Music (For a Film)
    4. Lucky
    5. Subterranean Homesick Alien
    6. Airbag
    7. No Surprises
    8. Karma Police
    9. Climbing Up the Walls
    10. The Tourist
    11. Fitter Happier
    12. Electioneering
    This ranking nailed the most crucial point: Let Down in the No. 1 spot. Extra credit for placing Electioneering last and The Tourist in the bottom 3.

    However...

    I can't forgive you for placing No Surprises, Karma Police and Climbing Up the Walls so low, beneath even Airbag and Subterranean Homesick Alien. No Surprises and Climbing Up the Walls are in the top 5 for me, easily.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Top Tier:

    The Tourist
    Lucky
    Airbag
    Paranoid Android
    Let Down
    Exit Music

    Second Tier:

    Karma Police
    Subterranean Homesick Alien
    Electioneering
    Climbing Up the Walls
    No Surprises
    confimed for /mu/tant

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Jackson C. Frank - Jackson C. Frank

    1. My Name is Carnival
    2. Just Like Anything
    3. Blues Run The Game
    4. Milk And Honey
    5. I Want To Be Alone (Dialogue)
    6. Yellow Walls
    7. You Never Wanted Me
    8. Kimbie
    9. Here Come The Blues
    10. Don't Look Back
    Don't Look Back last?

  7. #7
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Don't Look Back last?
    Yeah, well, there had to be a last song..

    And I was never really a fan of it. It's basically him doing Dylan, quite badly.

    What would your rankings be?

  8. #8
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Yeah, well, there had to be a last song.. Lol.

    And I was never really a fan of it. It's basically him doing Dylan, badly.

    What would your rankings be?
    I like it, a lot. I didn't pick up on any similarities with Dylan actually, but then again I'm not well versed in Dylan's catalogue. Comparing them just now, I think the biggest difference is Frank's more aggressive guitar playing and resounding voice. It's one of my favorites on the album, regardless.

    My own rankings would be something like:

    1. My Name is Carnival (And I see you agree with me on this one. Excellent choice. )
    2. You Never Wanted Me
    3. Blues Run the Game
    4. Don't Look Back
    5. Just Like Anything
    6. Milk and Honey
    7. Kimbie
    8. Dialogue
    9. Here Come the Blues
    10. Yellow Walls

  9. #9
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Doolittle (Pixies)
    1. Monkey Gone to Heaven
    2. Mr. Grieves
    3. Tame
    4. Here Comes Your Man
    5. Wave of Mutilation
    6. Dead
    7. La La Love You
    8. Hey
    9. Crackity Jones
    10. Debaser
    11. I Bleed
    12. Silver
    13. No. 13 Baby
    14. There Goes My Gun
    15. Gouge Away
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  10. #10
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    I like it, a lot. I didn't pick up on any similarities with Dylan actually, but then again I'm not well versed in Dylan's catalogue. Comparing them just now, I think the biggest difference is Frank's more aggressive guitar playing and resounding voice. It's one of my favorites on the album, regardless.
    He wrote Don't Look Back when protest songs were a huge thing, at their peak of popularity, I can't help but find it derivative of that, and with Dylan being the most influential protest singer there was, can't help but compare.

    It's not that it's a bad song, of course. There are no bad tracks on the album. It's just that all the others, except for Here Come The Blues are real "Jackson C. Frank" type songs. You know? Haha. It doesn't really flow with the rest of the album.

    I do like the guitar playing on it, but I don't really like the lyrics. For example: "Keep your eye on freedom's shore". I find it very lame and typical of the era it was written in.

    Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    My own rankings would be something like:

    1. My Name is Carnival (And I see you agree with me on this one. Excellent choice. )
    2. You Never Wanted Me
    3. Blues Run the Game
    4. Don't Look Back
    5. Just Like Anything
    6. Milk and Honey
    7. Kimbie
    8. Dialogue
    9. Here Come the Blues
    10. Yellow Walls
    I do like You Never Wanted Me, alot (It's one of the best songs about a failed relationship ever), but the guitar is too similar to what he plays in Blues Run the Game, and that's why I ranked it so low.

    I find it strange that you would place Yellow Walls last. I think it's a great song, the words are really good, there are just other great songs that I like slightly more for certain reasons, that I had to place them before that one, haha.

    I also find it strange that you would place Dialogue third from last..


Similar Threads

  1. Your Favorite Album Cover - post picture please
    By Mal12345 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 01:01 AM
  2. Post your favorite album intro songs.
    By Stansmith in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-18-2017, 11:52 PM
  3. Rank the strength of your MBTI letters
    By Such Irony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 02:10 PM
  4. Releasing the Brakes on your Type
    By wolfy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 04:21 AM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 11:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO