User Tag List

12 Last

Default Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Wow, one of the few superhero films that was able to keep me up and watching gleefully (soooooooo much better than Man of Steel.) The message of the movie was also very timely with current cultural influences.

I had a good time watching the action and deciphering the contents of the movie.

Although I don't want to spoil the contents, if others want to get into the discussion, that would be fun.

Has anyone watched it, and what do you think?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I saw it the other day with my mom (narrowly escaped having to watch God's Not Dead). I liked it and want to see it again in 3D.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram

I didn't like the first one very much, but I didn't hate it. Is the second one noticeably better?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I didn't like the first one very much, but I didn't hate it. Is the second one noticeably better?
    It was definitely better than the original.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

When I saw the rating on IMDB (8,3) I was sceptical at first, because I knew parts of the first movie (horrible) and some critics gave it bad reviews. Can someone who has seen the movie give me a brief summary what they personally liked/didn't like? I'm maybe going to see it next week.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

@Stephano Trying to not spoil anything :\ if it seems vague, well... two points that I sort of already mentioned...

Lots of action. While the original film was set in the WWII period, this one is set more into the present (with some sci-fi elements.) Captain America basically gets thrown into a world that he wasn't accustomed to and in which he and his kin in the 40's "did not" fight for. In the time-frame that he was frozen, until today, so many things have changed (for better or worse.) He ends up needing to fight the system.

But even though there was a lot of action, there are a lot of themes in the movie that are relatable to current events. It is still a good film if you don't like seeing a "hidden" meaning that this film shows. I would assume that a lot of people don't pay too much attention towards the motif of the film anyways. And in some ways, if you do pay attention to it, Captain America ends up critiquing a lot about what has gone about since his absence.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Sounds not really promising :/ Never mind, I'm going to watch it an then I tell you if I liked it or not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Oh and thx for your post

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Sounds not really promising :/ Never mind, I'm going to watch it an then I tell you if I liked it or not.
    Just watch it, I tend to butcher the synopsis because I'm trying to not say anything that sounds like a hint of a spoiler. XD

I saw it and loved it. I would see it again.