First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Also, Neelix from Star Trek Voyager. Come to think of it, just about every character on Voyager.
    LOL! Thanks (not) for the memories!

Man, I wanted to beam Neelix through the shields more than Wesley Crusher.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Neelix as well. I loved the character of Diane Chambers and I always thought that Shelley Long didn't get the credit she deserved. Truly superb actress. Also, thank god they finally killed Andrea on TWD.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Neelix as well. I loved the character of Diane Chambers and I always thought that Shelley Long didn't get the credit she deserved. Truly superb actress.
    I loved Diane too, and Shelley Long nailed it, but I can understand why she pissed off some people.

Also, thank god they finally killed Andrea on TWD.
    MONSTER!!!

... honestly, after the shitty stretch of Season 3, it was a mercy killing. It would have been more glorious and respectful to run her into the ground at the end of Season 2 -- she runs for hours, 30 miles, and finally collapses under the herd. A glorious ending!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Stansmith

Well, her affair with Ted aside, I don't see why anyone would expect someone in Skylar's position to react differently.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

House is probably too popular to be polarizing, but I just started watching this on Netflix (I think they have all the episodes now)... and man, he pisses me off half the time.

I mean, I laugh at a lot of what he says, and he's smart and amusing; but in terms of how he interacts with the patients, I just want to smack the guy... I actually physically bristle up with some of his comments, even if I can see a method to some of them.

But I'm pretty sure that's the intent, as Robert Sean Leonard's character (his closest friend, I guess) came right out and called him an ass in episode #2 and has been in his face a few times.

Man.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    House is probably too popular to be polarizing, but I just started watching this on Netflix (I think they have all the episodes now)... and man, he pisses me off half the time.

I mean, I laugh at a lot of what he says, and he's smart and amusing; but in terms of how he interacts with the patients, I just want to smack the guy... I actually physically bristle up with some of his comments, even if I can see a method to some of them.

But I'm pretty sure that's the intent, as Robert Sean Leonard's character (his closest friend, I guess) came right out and called him an ass in episode #2 and has been in his face a few times.

Man.
    Yeah I don't know if he's polarizing, because everyone loves him and hates him at the same time.

Though everyone I know who has any kind of connection to medicine falls much closer to the "hate" side.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yeah I don't know if he's polarizing, because everyone loves him and hates him at the same time.

Though everyone I know who has any kind of connection to medicine falls much closer to the "hate" side.
    Well, yeah. It's not just his demeanor, it's the show format too -- he just "tries" things that seem intuitively possible but are severe in nature and so far he's almost killed patients in each episode. Then eventually he gets it right.

I do like the twists and turns but they might become formulaic. Episode #3 with the kid almost dying after having sex with his girlfriend had one of those twist-twist-twist back to an earlier twist twists. I'm getting mental whiplash.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Trying to think of more... Lumen from "Dexter" caused a bit of controversy. But probably not a whole lot more than the season as a whole.

Also: forgot to reply to this!
    Well, yeah. It's not just his demeanor, it's the show format too -- he just "tries" things that seem intuitively possible but are severe in nature and so far he's almost killed patients in each episode. Then eventually he gets it right.
    It's not spoiling anything to say that the show gets REALLY formulaic after a while, because it just keeps going on like that. Thankfully, after a few seasons, the interpersonal drama between doctors -- plus House's personal drama -- are a good balance. Plus, IMO, the series' best episodes are the ones that break away from the formula. The post-Super Bowl episode with Mos Def is a good example, and is in my top 5... forget which season that was, though.
    I do like the twists and turns but they might become formulaic. Episode #3 with the kid almost dying after having sex with his girlfriend had one of those twist-twist-twist back to an earlier twist twists. I'm getting mental whiplash.
    They actually keep that pretty fresh, for the most part. Although my friends and I had a running joke for a few years relating to the fact that someone almost always faints right before the opening credits. "Who's gonna faint in this one? That guy? Maybe the girl!"

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Forgot to reply to this!

It's not spoiling anything to say that the show gets REALLY formulaic after a while, because it just keeps going on like that forever. Thankfully, after a few seasons, the interpersonal drama between doctors -- plus House's personal drama -- are a good balance for that. Plus, IMO, the series' best episodes are the ones that break away from that. The post-Super Bowl episode with Mos Def is in my top 5... forget which season that was in though.
    is that the episode credited with the highest # of viewers? I know that episode hit 29 million viewers, and it aired right after the superbowl one year.

29 million. That's just incredible. Some series that stay on for awhile only hit 5-8 million viewers, peak. Maybe 10 million, to justify making the cut.

I don't know if I'll watch the whole series. It's a lot of episodes, and while it's kind of amusing, to watch them all without stronger dramatic arcs might be a bit much.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

is that the episode credited with the highest # of viewers? I know that episode hit 29 million viewers, and it aired right after the superbowl one year.
    No, that's not it -- although I really liked that one too. I just looked it up -- it was in season 5. Episode was called "Locked In". I guess I was wrong about it being after the Super Bowl. :/
    I don't know if I'll watch the whole series. It's a lot of episodes, and while it's kind of amusing, to watch them all without stronger dramatic arcs might be a bit much.
    There are some GREAT dramatic arcs, though. Most of my favorites are in the middle of the series, I think? Might be worth searching them out and only watching particular seasons. In fact, I don't think you'd miss much if you skipped the first two seasons. (I was never a fan of his ex-wife.)