User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Hannah from Girls. She seems to be hated with a passion by many a people.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

As a side issue, this is now raising the question of:

1. Why are so many of these disliked characters WOMEN? (I think only one man has been mentioned.)

2. Are there any similarities between all the women being mentioned here?

... curiouser and curiouser....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    (p.s. I'm still not sure what the significance of her gross apartment was supposed to be?)
    I think her apartment was supposed to show that although she's completely obsessed with her career, and it's all that she really has going on in her life, she has no real success to show for it beyond recognition and a false sense of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Hannah from Girls. She seems to be hated with a passion by many a people.
    I hate to love Hannah. She hits too close to home in some ways. But yeah people hate everyone on Girls lol. I'll keep defending it though!

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    And, of course, Ana Lucia from "Lost". I never understood why so many people hated her.
    That surprised me too- I think it was the second season (?), I remember reading something about how she polled as the least favorite character on the show and that people actually hated her. I didn't get it. She's always been one of my favorites.

As for hated male characters: Pierce from Community (Chevy Chase). eta: Although I'm not really sure there's a big "love him" side, for Pierce, so "polarizing" is questionable.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Izzie Stevens from Grey's Anatomy? From what I remember the viewers seemed to either love her and relate to her or hate her. I'm with the former.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    That surprised me too- I think it was the second season (?), I remember reading something about how she polled as the least favorite character on the show and that people actually hated her. I didn't get it. She's always been one of my favorites.
    Yeah -- the only thing I saw that was worthy of dislike, was just how typecast Michelle Rodriguez was. It was practically the same role she's played in everything for the past 5-10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    As for hated male characters: Pierce from Community (Chevy Chase). eta: Although I'm not really sure there's a big "love him" side, for Pierce, so "polarizing" is questionable.
    Yeah, no one likes Pierce. Hell, even Dan Harmon doesn't like Pierce.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City. I've heard a lot women say they love the character and relate to her immensely, and I've heard many others call her a horrible, selfish, shallow person. I haven't watched most of the shows people are mentioning so I can't say if she's similar to the other female characters mentioned.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City. I've heard a lot women say they love the character and relate to her immensely, and I've heard many others call her a horrible, selfish, shallow person. I haven't watched most of the shows people are mentioning so I can't say if she's similar to the other female characters mentioned.
    This is definitely a trend I'm noticing with polarizing female characters: when they're seen as flighty, selfish, shallow, etc. Hannah from "Girls" falls into that, and although this was before my time, I've heard Ally McBeal was the same? As are several of the female leads from Grey's.

Ooh just thought of another guy: Fitz, from "Scandal". Speaking of self-involved. UGH.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Jar Jar from Clone Wars. I hated him in the films but I find the character quite endearing in the series. Not sure other people would agree.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Also, Neelix from Star Trek Voyager. Come to think of it, just about every character on Voyager.