• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lindsay Lohan: Addict or Spoiled

Addict or Spoiled

• Addict

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Spoiled

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Issues but nothing that a real job wouldn't cure

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
OK, usually I avoid anything relating to talent like Costco over a 3-day weekend but I have to admit to keeping one eye open in watching the ever developing trainwreck that is Young Hollywood. I'm beginning to wonder if I don't have a tumor on my schadenfreude gland. :devil:

Though I can't really say I have anything against Lindsay, she is starting to remind me of Dana Plato on a bigger budget. On one hand I'll read how Mischa Barton was "hospitalized for a negative reaction to medicine" :yim_rolling_on_the_ and wonder is there a webcam I can subscribe to actually watch publicists like Leslie Sloane Zelnik pull excuses for her dysfunctional clients out of her ass? But on the other, I do know some people who have gone through Promises, where Lindsay/Britney/et al have checked in, even visited a friend while he was at the WLA facility and there were definitely similar signs and tales by the addicts there and some of the events of Lohan's life.

Sure we all know there are ramifications for someone who's gone the entire new millennium without once hearing the word "no," but could she really have an addiction problem with this not being merely a rouse to pre-empt harsh jail time?

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I read a book recently that was kind of fun called "Charlie Big Potatoes" by Phil Robinson, which was about a young Brit rock critic having a meltdown and having to undergo therapy for substance abuse. Parts of it reminded me of scenes in "Permanent Midnight" by Jerry Stahl, a true story about a Hollywood TV writer's nightmares with both drugs and sobriety.

It is funny the excuses the publicists make. There was another book, written by such a publicist and consisting of "fiction" based on his own experiences with concocting this stuff, that I reviewed on INTPC once, but I can't remember the name of it now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Protest! Why isn't "bitch" one of the options???

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All right. I'll settle for an "all of the above" answer, if you add my prior contribution.

But that's my last offer.

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Hahahah, "real job." Like they don't have real jobs! They make a hell of a lot more than you, and probably work longer, harder hours at times!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's kind of a bitch I can see that. But she used to be really hot before she got anorexic :doh:

Well, yes, she is gorgeous... except for anorexia and the perpetual mental stupor. It's all sort of wasted on her at the moment.

... and she was so young and innocent in The Parent Trap. :shock:

I wonder if she will visit Paris in jail.

Res Ipsa Loquitur

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I heard plans in Vegas for her 21st birthday, less than a month away, are still rockin' and rollin'.

Sounds like a good idea: get out of drug/alcohol rehab and then have someone throw you a huge party.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't really think we're in any place to comment on such things.

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
She's kind of a bitch I can see that. But she used to be really hot before she got anorexic :doh:
You mean like here?
Lindsay%20Lohan%20from%20portland%20mercury1.jpg

... and she was so young and innocent in The Parent Trap. :shock:
I think it was (former Disney chief) Eisner who loved her in that, too. One of the creative execs in charge of the Freaky Friday remake totally did not want Lindsay in the movie. The exec was just going on and on about how bad Lindsay's screen tests were and saying how she didn't know how to act (esentially before Disney helped her, no telling sense) and she didn't know how the film was going to turn out and blah x 3.

At first it was kind of a surprise because this was a public forum and it hadn't been that long since the movie's release. Others I've seen/heard do this but it was like 15 years after the fact. I was thinking the exec had to have said all of this before because the room was too big not for it not to get back to Lindsay. This was before the Herbie remake came out but I'm pretty sure she has not worked nor inked with Disney since.

But then this exec starts blathering on and on about how every script that's turned in is shyte before they fix 'em. She was talking about how even before she considers kicking a script up the ladder that she has to see what from the film could be turned into a potential ride at Disneyland. It's like 'don't you think you've got the manure in front of the trough?' Less than a year later, maybe only 6 months, Disney slashed its live action division in half. Always meant to see if she still has a job. Though now as I think about it, it wouldn't surprise me if Lohan's peeps handn't first told Disney F.O. that she'd never work for them again unless they met her quotes. An 18 year old w/boobs and a following no longer needs the mousekateers. Like the exec's badmouthing wasn't a saving face retaliation.